The Student Room Group

Football is boring

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Tcool
Look im not an expert on who pays who but as I said my point stays the same. They should be paid the same as teachers or even less as they not only play football for their own enjoyment and yes maybe they're inspirations to people but lets face it they're hardly doing anything for us a part from SOMETIMES fuelling the economy but the impact is miniscule

Strong 15 year old "philosopher" here.
Reply 21
Original post by straight2hell
Hello!
I drew a picture of us on a balloon ship being best buddies forever. This makes me happy. Can you draw one too?
Thanks!

That's weird...go troll some where else. No offence but...
Original post by Tcool
That's weird...go troll some where else. No offence but...

Hello!
What do you mean?
Thanks.
Reply 23
Original post by james1211

I'm not 15 for your information. And I wouldn't count it as philosophy as it's not that much of a big matter, but I'd count it as simply expressing an opinion
I can't disagree with you there..
Reply 25
Original post by james1211

Oh and btw before you think you are in a position where you can say that to me why don't you express your opinion and no offence but judging by this comment it's not going to be good. You started it lol.
Reply 26
I agree it is rather boring. I only really watch the highlights. I hardly ever watch the whole match.
Original post by I'veGotAHadron
Football is boring to watch

What do you even get out of it? :dontknow:

Lol

I came here after trying to watch England for 20 mins to make the exact same thread ^^

It can be exciting under the correct conditions but I feel like I don't understand the deeper strategy and tactics that others get out of it.

Drinking with frineds whilst watching a match is fun though.
Reply 29
Original post by Tcool
Nothing at all I think its completely unfair that they get paid so much when doctors and teachers do MUCH MUCH more and make a bigger difference. Thats the gov for you though

I agree.
Reply 30
Original post by roger1
i agree.

finally someone with sense!
I don't really have an interest in football, but I can see why people like it. It just seems to create a nice atmosphere and bring countries together, seeing people cheer and hug and be civil with eachother is just a lovely sight.. I know they might get paid more than doctors and everything, but remember that the money is made by the football companies, not the government funding it. They earned that money fairly so I guess it's their own choice to spend it like that. :smile:
And seeing little kids try and be like footballers is brilliant because I fear that people will stop exercising soon. :<
Reply 32
Original post by Tcool
finally someone with sense!

Like you I think it is rather unfair these footballers get paid like 200k a week which is more than what the teachers and doctors earn in the whole year. Teachers and doctors are important part of the society and they benefit all unlike the footballers. What do the footballers do anyway? Knock a ball about and they get paid so much. Life really is unfair. :frown:
Reply 33
Original post by Roger1
Like you I think it is rather unfair these footballers get paid like 200k a week which is more than what the teachers and doctors earn in the whole year. Teachers and doctors are important part of the society and they benefit all unlike the footballers. What do the footballers do anyway? Knock a ball about and they get paid so much. Life really is unfair. :frown:

Yep and your right life is unfair but...thats life lol
Reply 34
I agree, I find it slightly interesting finding out who won the game afterwards, but actually watching it is so dull.
Original post by Tcool
Nothing at all I think its completely unfair that they get paid so much when doctors and teachers do MUCH MUCH more and make a bigger difference. Thats the gov for you though

Of course. Because I forgot that the government pays football players. Besides doctors are paid far more than most football players, since most football players play in the lower divisions where you never see them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by meenu89
There's no way a Government can pay what the free- market pays the footballers. They retire at about 30, do any of the professions you mention retire at 30?

as much as I find your posts as questionable as mine.

this kid is right.
Reply 37
Original post by Tcool

Thousands of people can provide the services of doctors and teachers. A handful of people can provide the entertainment quality of international football players. Free market economics dictates that those few will be paid more than the many.

To limit a player's salary is to erode not only their freedom, but the freedom of their club and their fans. Perhaps it may surprise you but the government does not set the wage of football players, nor can it directly limit it, so to say "thats the gov for you though" is redundant. Unless you think teachers should have their salary increased such that they are paid the same as football players, which would be simply incredulous.
Reply 38
Football is basically art. Do you not like art?
Entirely. Pointless. Thread.

Quick Reply

Latest