The Student Room Group

advice for guys with weak jaws.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HexBugMaster
I'd assume they'd chew leather in the hope it'd help them absorb punches to the chin better, not to make their chin look amazing. The neck muscles would be more important for this purpose and training your chewing muscles seems to be hardly advantageous, but people have done a lot stranger things in the hope it'd make them better, so this theory seems more plausible to me.

Regarding the question itself, since most guys would like to "build" their chin in order to feel more confident, my advice would be to spend your time actually dealing with your inner insecurities rather than looking for a magic cure that will boost your confidence. How you carry yourself and how you act is a lot more important and will give a stronger impression on people than what is the shape of your mandible.

Other than that, you can do silly exercises all you want but your bone structure won't change. You can try losing body fat which should make your face bone structure more prominent with the added benefit of increasing your self-esteem overall.

It was to build their jaw muscles in the hope of absorbing hits to the jaw better, but it's fairly futile for either strength or for aesthetics; the masseter doesn't exactly have much potential for growth and without surgery or orthodontic treatment your jaw isn't changing worth a damn - low bodyfat is the best option as you said
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
What voodoo iz this??

The day after we speak of you, you get unbanned :dry:

I didn't mean what I said btw :tongue:

hey there :tongue:
I was gonna ask :cry: you're one of my fav members :colondollar:
Ikr, what a coincidence. :cool:
Reply 82
Original post by SoftPunch
haha I think that douche referred that your flirting with eva reminded him of the good old times

Spoiler

It's not flirting, we are married :cool: (Sleep thread 'in' joke)

I don't see the issue, it's only abit of fun, people just hate too see other people enjoy something, because they are miserable inside :biggrin:
Original post by Cloud nine.
I think you're more in need of chicken cutlets in your bra tho

And you're in need of a wig in your pants.
Original post by Twinport53

I don't see the issue, it's only abit of fun, people just hate too see other people enjoy something, because they are miserable inside :biggrin:

exactly dw about it! nobody is asking/forcing those gits to read these posts anyways :five:
hey there :tongue:
I was gonna ask :cry: you're one of my fav members :colondollar:
Ikr, what a coincidence. :cool:

Was I really? :fan: :biggrin:

Maybe the mods wanted to prove something to us :erm: How long was your ban for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have good bone structure, only guys have ever commented on it... never girls... they must be jel
Reply 87
exactly dw about it! nobody is asking/forcing those gits to read these posts anyways :five:

Exactly :yy:
Was I really? :fan: :biggrin:

Maybe the mods wanted to prove something to us :erm: How long was your ban for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

when I say 'ban' I mean I asked for it hahaha - it was for a good few solid month :biggrin:
Yes haha you're still <3 I hope you remember the thread I dedicated to you :wink:
Reply 89
when I say 'ban' I mean I asked for it hahaha - it was for a good few solid month :biggrin:
Yes haha you're still <3 I hope you remember the thread I dedicated to you :wink:

Leave me lady be :frown:

Did you just rep iz wif ya 6? Am 3 points of 6 gems, OMFG :colonhash:
Reply 90
Original post by Hula&Tequila&Me
And you're in need of a wig in your pants.

:rofl:

Makes me laugh how he's happy to come up with a comment like that when he's never seen them, ahah... :rolleyes:

Haha, I remember that thread! Lol, what was I even like then? I've become a lot more wacky now, and I don't really do much but spam threads these days :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caitlin_3008

Makes me laugh how he's happy to come up with a comment like that when he's never seen them, ahah... :rolleyes:

lol

(my notes from posters aren't updating...)
Reply 93
Reply 94
haha I think that douche referred that your flirting with eva reminded him of the good old times

Spoiler

Derailing crew is back bishes
Haha, I remember that thread! Lol, what was I even like then? I've become a lot more wacky now, and I don't really do much but spam threads these days :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Much more serious. :wink: How come is all this change - I think most threads deserve spamming on TSR.

Leave me lady be :frown:

Did you just rep iz wif ya 6? Am 3 points of 6 gems, OMFG :colonhash:

hell yeah I did - hahaha, is someone jealous? :wink: :tongue:

Original post by ninuzu
Derailing crew is back bishes

yah
Reply 96

hell yeah I did - hahaha, is someone jealous? :wink: :tongue:

Thanks brah, am gonna put the gems on my CV now :colonhash:

Nope, but I want her back in one piece :wink:

Spoiler

Now now, don't be scared, you can say it to me. The forum was significantly better after you buggered off.

The problem is that it takes a thread way off-topic which results in it being locked. Granted, many of the threads in chat are just moronic or trolls, there's still a chunk looking for decent answers. And it's not helpful for anyone to skim through 6 pages of your discussions with 'wifey' because you can't take it to VM/PM.

It's not a problem in the Sleep is for the Weak thread, as that's just a random chat thread anyone with no real topic to it, it's just in every other thread it's tiresome & boring.
Reply 98
Original post by Caitlin_3008

I can see from here just fine.
Reply 99
Original post by Silver Arrows

The problem is that it takes a thread way off-topic which results in it being locked. Granted, many of the threads in chat are just moronic or trolls, there's still a chunk looking for decent answers. And it's not helpful for anyone to skim through 6 pages of your discussions with 'wifey' because you can't take it to VM/PM.

It's not a problem in the Sleep is for the Weak thread, as that's just a random chat thread anyone with no real topic to it, it's just in every other thread it's tiresome & boring.

Oh sorry Dad.

Quick Reply

Latest