The Student Room Group

Help picking a console

Scroll to see replies

PS4 has been technically proven to be the superior console.
Plus with exclusives such as Uncharted, Infamous etc, it's a no brainer.
Reply 41
Original post by rayquaza17
Your post was complete trash tbh.

Someone's asking for help choosing a console; they're not asking your opinion on consoles vs PC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sound like a bitter console peasant. Face it man, your consoles suck, they're garbage. PC is the only way to properly play a game. Consoles ruin games, man.
i have both ps4 and xbox one and to be quite honest there is very little, if any difference in graphics that i notice when playing a game. I mostly use the xbox one though as most of my friends have it, no point in playing a console if there is no one to play it with, gets very boring very fast
Get the ps4 as it plays multi plats better than the xbox eg ghosts is 720p on the xbox and 1080p on the ps4 also where the resolution is the same the frame rate is affected eg tomb raider (a last gen game) runs 1080 at 60 fps on the ps4 whereas xbox is 1080 30fps. The exclusives depend on what you like but Playstation always has better exclusives eg last of us, unchartered, god of war etc also you're getting some exclusive content eg watchdogs and destiny. The controller is also miles ahead (I've used both) plus you get waay better quality games on ps plus than xbox live. If anyone has any features that the xbox does better then please add

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayquaza17
Your post was complete trash tbh. Saying people can't enjoy games played on consoles is so arrogant.

Someone's asking for help choosing a console; they're not asking your opinion on consoles vs PC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't make the point any less valid, it's saying "screw consoles, they suck, don't buy one at all"; they answer the question of "which?" with "neither".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Look at the exclusives for each console to see if there is a game you have to get (****, I'm going to buy an Xbox One just for Halo 5 and Destiny). They're both pretty similar on the hardware front, if you want really good performance then you would have to go for a PC but I have no idea if that would be convenient for you.
Original post by Stinkum
You sound like a bitter console peasant. Face it man, your consoles suck, they're garbage. PC is the only way to properly play a game. Consoles ruin games, man.

"Peasant"
You need to be brought back down to Earth.

[QUOTE="Duel;48345802" Jammy="Jammy"]Doesn't make the point any less valid, it's saying "screw consoles, they suck, don't buy one at all"; they answer the question of "which?" with "neither".

Kk marra.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by alow
Look at the exclusives for each console to see if there is a game you have to get (****, I'm going to buy an Xbox One just for Halo 5 and Destiny). They're both pretty similar on the hardware front, if you want really good performance then you would have to go for a PC but I have no idea if that would be convenient for you.

no i want a ps4 or xbox one

not interested in pc gaming
Reply 48
Original post by Slim Shady 96
Get the ps4 as it plays multi plats better than the xbox eg ghosts is 720p on the xbox and 1080p on the ps4 also where the resolution is the same the frame rate is affected eg tomb raider (a last gen game) runs 1080 at 60 fps on the ps4 whereas xbox is 1080 30fps. The exclusives depend on what you like but Playstation always has better exclusives eg last of us, unchartered, god of war etc also you're getting some exclusive content eg watchdogs and destiny. The controller is also miles ahead (I've used both) plus you get waay better quality games on ps plus than xbox live. If anyone has any features that the xbox does better then please add

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha your clearly a ps4 fan but anyway I'm leanings towards the PS4 anyway
Reply 49
I'm a Sony fan through and through. So PS4 if console

Otherwise

PC
Reply 50
Original post by xxvine
hahaha your clearly a ps4 fan but anyway I'm leanings towards the PS4 anyway

Are yoy left hand or right hand?
Really, you seem so undecided (you're swaying towards PS4, but that doesn't really mean much because if you really were you would say you're getting one) that in your position I would just frip a coin and say "heads:xbone, tails:PS4" it's not like there is even much of a price difference anymore.
I would say Xbox. though I haven't played the Xbox one, my cousin has it and apparently it's pretty good. Majority of games I have is for the Xbox 360 and I've tried PC gaming and it's not really my thing at the moment because I havent really had the time to try it properly, however, I like the idea of runescape weapons in skyrim :tongue:

It's entirely up to you, what do you play on at the moment?
Reply 53
Original post by LadyEcliptic
I would say Xbox. though I haven't played the Xbox one, my cousin has it and apparently it's pretty good. Majority of games I have is for the Xbox 360 and I've tried PC gaming and it's not really my thing at the moment because I havent really had the time to try it properly, however, I like the idea of runescape weapons in skyrim :tongue:

It's entirely up to you, what do you play on at the moment?

why xbox lol?

erm i haven't owned a console since PS2!
Reply 54
Original post by Jammy Duel
Really, you seem so undecided (you're swaying towards PS4, but that doesn't really mean much because if you really were you would say you're getting one) that in your position I would just frip a coin and say "heads:xbone, tails:PS4" it's not like there is even much of a price difference anymore.

HAHAH

£350 is a lot of money to part with.....so want to make sure i get it right

Not really bothered by exclusives tbh i mainly play multi platform games such as FIFA, NBA 2K, Call of Duty etc....
Reply 55
Original post by Qari
Are yoy left hand or right hand?

right handed!
Original post by xxvine
why xbox lol?

It's a more diverse system, dependant upon opinion, better exclusives (and with them having owned a 360 they likely do think them better), the fact that one of the only leads PS4 has, ie the graphics, should be gone in the next year or do (I have read that the xbone architecture is supposed to be harder to code for, but obviously in time people will get better, as last gen showed), Kinect etc
Original post by xxvine
why xbox lol?

If you feel comfortable with playstation then maybe stick with it, because it took me a bit to get used to the xbox.

I like it because the whole system is easy to maneuver plus, majority if not all my friends who own consoles play the xbox therefore there's no "What button does what (with regards to different remote systems for each console) so the game runs a lot smoother, and is a lot more fun communicating with them online if they aren't here with me. plus, the opportunities and offers that you get when you sign up. You need Live obviously as they don't use the points system and that's where they are making their money, plus, a lot of the games offered on xbox 360 won't be available on xbox one and they will (hopefully) always produce xbox 360 games. Xbox one is quite expensive and even buying the games pre owned costs more than brand new on the market Xbox 360 games.

I can't say the same for PS3/4 because we only owned up to PS2 and then got an xbox! You can watch the game play online from different youtubers and/or ask friends to play their consoles to get a feel of what it's like.
Original post by xxvine
HAHAH

£350 is a lot of money to part with.....so want to make sure i get it right

Not really bothered by exclusives tbh i mainly play multi platform games such as FIFA, NBA 2K, Call of Duty etc....

There isn't really a right or wrong answer though; they both have their benefits and they both have their drawbacks, given you [currently] have little interest in exclusive titles the decision is fairly abitrary. Xbone pulls away on a few features that most people will say they don't want, but I expect a lot of people with xbones will use them anyway because it's easier (like all the extra keybaord shortcuts on windows 8[.1]); whereas PS4 currently runs things slightly better, saying that, neither of them do particularly well.

Xbox currently has more features, ps4 currently has better graphics, the graphics will probably even out before the features do (I am somewhat skeptical that Project Morpheus will actually be that good given that PS4 currently can barely cope with 1080p 30/60fps, and in VR high frame rates and resolutions are NEEDED)
I'll also add, some of the exclusivity things that Sony have are probably marketing gimmicks anyway, such as the FC4 co-op without the game, I'm not quite sure how that will work; will your friend have to donwload the game? will you render their stuff and send it to them, in which case gf them and gf fps; microsoft look to have the better exclusivity in the cross platformers

Quick Reply

Latest