The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Most students take 4 AS levels so then they can drop one for the A2 year, if they don't like it, or not as good at it etc. Univerisites give out offers for 3 A-levels, and often 1 AS so it's good to have 4 AS's anyway.
i find myself in a similar situation as i can not decide whether i should drop a subject or not for A2. I was wondering whether anyone could tell us what the work load is like if you did 4 A2's opposed to 3. Is it not worth doing 4 because you just find yourself working 24-7?? or is that not the case?
Reply 3
The workload will depend on which subjects you do, whether your teachers give you lots of extra work etc. I know people who have done 4 A2's and managed fine, and I know others who can't manage it. It's all down to whether you think you can organise your time correctly and efficiently and do the work.
I didn't find 4 A2 levels too much work - I did English Literature, English Language, History & German, so three essay based subjects and a language so I thought it might be quite difficult but seriously I didn't find it a problem. I'm not a very organised person and I just did homework and stuff as it came to me. I thought my grades may suffer for this but they definitely didn't and I'm happy I did all four cause I enjoyed them all and I didn't wanna miss out on anything.
It's also dependent on your college/school and what they allow - I only got AABC in my AS levels so thought I wouldn't be allowed but it wasn't a problem at all.
I took 4 A2s (French, English lit, history and sociology) and it was a lot of work, especially around coursework deadlines and exams, but definitely manageable if you make good use of frees to get homework out of the way. I ended up with AABC, but the B was only 4 marks off an A and I don't think I could have got an A anyway, at least not without resitting an AS module. The C was completely unexpected and probably arose from me totally misreading the questions and going off on a tangent. So I don't think my grades were affected by the workload.
Reply 6
It's worth taking 4 if you can manage the workload.

I am self teaching 4, why?:confused:

Latest