The Student Room Group

Is this a clue my Uni will be lenient on results day?

I've firmed quite a niche course (around an intake of 40 students, dont think too many people apply for the course) but at a popular/competitive uni (Nottingham). I've been invited for a "pre-induction" day where I can meet students and do team building *one week before results day* (seems a bit odd since I might not get the grades?) - would they do this if the course was heavily oversubscribed because if so they'd be rejecting a lot of people on the day, so it would be a bit pointless for those rejected.

The course is quite small and they say its only for offer holders for the course. They also said "they look forward to seeing me in September" (what if I don't get the grades?) and "we'll be sending you induction information closer to the time". Aren't the last two sentences a bit confident/presumptuous that I will be good enough to get the grades, or are they just being polite? Thanks.
Reply 1
They could be holding the bonding day to judge what people are like, and see of you're worth accepting with lower grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have to wonder what's in it for them. I suspect Juno's probably hit the nail on the head.
Original post by Juno
They could be holding the bonding day to judge what people are like, and see of you're worth accepting with lower grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Potally_Tissed
Have to wonder what's in it for them. I suspect Juno's probably hit the nail on the head.

But there wont be any tests or anything there, so how would they wage whether im worth?
Reply 4
Original post by Alex-Torres
But there wont be any tests or anything there, so how would they wage whether im worth?

They can still watch you. See how ypu intettact with people. Set quizzes. Possibly even give a mini interview, or set introductory lectures and work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Juno

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep this could very much be the case.

A good indication of this on the day would be if you're all name-tagged or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending