The Student Room Group

Are the veins on your arms visible?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bertstare
delt veins make all the difference

Doesn't care about delt veins crew. All about dat antecubital fossa. Need easy veins for pitiful venepuncture skills crew.

also digging forearm and biceps veins.

Nice work on the arms and biceps there buddy! :thumbsup:
Reply 42
Original post by Autistic Merit
The ones on my right arm are much more visible for some reason. Why is this? :confused:

You ave weird threads.

They bulge due to inflammation from strain/muscles. They also indicate the heart rate and blood flow, including to your brain. I can imagine if they bulge to a certain extent it's a good sign. They might bulge more on your writing hand as it is more connected to your brain. :erm:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Doesn't care about delt veins crew. All about dat antecubital fossa. Need easy veins for pitiful venepuncture skills crew.

also digging forearm and biceps veins.

stop making me blush
(edited 9 years ago)
stop making me blush

If you blush then your veins will pop out more.
Original post by ApeMob
You ave weird threads.

They bulge due to inflammation from strain/muscles. They also indicate the heart rate and blood flow, including to your brain. I can imagine if they bulge to a certain extent it's a good sign. They might bulge more on your writing hand as it is more connected to your brain. :erm:

Science, not even once.
Original post by ApeMob
You ave weird threads.

rofl

Original post by Autistic Merit
If you blush then your veins will pop out more.

my *****
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 47
rofl

my *****

It was a guess, hence the :erm: at the end.
(edited 9 years ago)
My veins are much more prominent in my right forearm than my left, but I actually have a good explanation for it - I only fence with my right arm.

I mean, that's the one that holds the sword, anyway. The left arm's still important for balance - technically I'm using both.
Nope, and glad they're not!

Just seeing veiny arms makes me cringe and get pins and needles ffs. I can only see the start of my veins on my wrist, that's it.
Nope I can't see mine at all on my arms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hell yeah. Because I'm too dench
Reply 52
Original post by Stinkum
Extremely, shockingly visible. All the way up to the shoulder. The skin is very pale, the veins are green and you can easily visualise the whole superficial venous network, especially on the dorsum of the hand and the anterior surface of the forearm. and my cephalic vein is HUGE, so damn big.

That would be so helpful if you were doing a test on position of veins in the arm... Like dissecting yourself but with no negative consequences!
Reply 53
Original post by lamyers1
That would be so helpful if you were doing a test on position of veins in the arm... Like dissecting yourself but with no negative consequences!

haha yep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest