The Student Room Group

Thoughts on this watch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EatAndRevise
That's the thing though, people with wealth do not need to gain this attention. These gold watches which are plastered with diamonds are for lottery-winners and wives who are married to wealthy men.

Now you're just generalising. Whenever I honourably earn money I buy things just like this and never get bad or negatives from it.
That's the thing though, people with wealth do not need to gain this attention. These gold watches which are plastered with diamonds are for lottery-winners and wives who are married to wealthy men. And FYI, the watch I suggested is "a fancy watch".

Owning a Patek Philippe is my dream.
Original post by Maharaniii
Now you're just generalising. Whenever I honourably earn money I buy things just like this and never get bad or negatives from it.

When do you not "honourably earn money"? Anyway..

Well, I am sorry but wearing items which appear expensive, i.e. gold and diamond watches, does not impress many people as they look chavvy. People respect modesty, and that is why Rolex is a bad brand in comparison to more-respected brands such as Patek Philippe.
Original post by pane123
Owning a Patek Philippe is my dream.

If you dream, you will have it! A Patek Philippe is the ultimate item one can own.
When do you not "honourably earn money"? Anyway..

Well, I am sorry but wearing items which appear expensive, i.e. gold and diamond watches, does not impress many people as they look chavvy. People respect modesty, and that is why Rolex is a bad brand in comparison to more-respected brands such as Patek Philippe.

Honourably as to counter you saing "lottery" or being a wife. :rolleyes:

Many people where? Using the word chavvy is why Brits should stay in Britain. Celebrities wear these diamond encrusted gold watches all the time and get praise for it. A commoner is going to get same treatment as I always do. i don't surround self with people who think "chav" anyhow. No one takes issue.We can agree to disagree, you go with boring plain shy watch I go with the fancy gold and call it a day. :smile:
Haha it escalated from a 120 watch to a 5000 watch and the boom Patel Phillipe 32000 mad youngsters
Honourably as to counter you saing "lottery" or being a wife. :rolleyes:

Many people where? Using the word chavvy is why Brits should stay in Britain. Celebrities wear these diamond encrusted gold watches all the time and get praise for it. A commoner is going to get same treatment as I always do. i don't surround self with people who think "chav" anyhow. No one takes issue.We can agree to disagree, you go with boring plain shy watch I go with the fancy gold and call it a day. :smile:

Okay, if you prefer, I will use the word pleb. Plebs wear clothing which is flashy.

"Many people" as in people who understead wealth, and in addition, people who know about watches.

I think you will find the celebrities who wear these "diamond encrusted gold watches" are the ones who are married to wealthy men or they are the idiotic celebrities. I cannot think of one respected celebrity who wears a 'gold-encrusted watch'. I can give you a list.
(edited 9 years ago)
Okay, if you prefer I will use the word pleb. Plebs wear clothing which is flashy.

"Many people" as in people who understead wealth, and in addition, people who know about watches.

I think you will find the celebrities who wear these "diamond encrusted gold watches" are the ones who are married to wealthy men or they are the idiotic celebrities. I cannot think of one respected celebrity who wears a 'gold-encrusted watch'. I can give you a list.

Are you trying to convince me not to like gold? lol I'm sorry but it's my culture to adorn with gold and not to be shy about celebration. Celebrities aren't just in UK and US there are celebrities all over the globe who I could be referring to who are gaudy. Whatever I asked to agree to disagree okay? I like my gold. :smile:
Are you trying to convince me not to like gold? lol I'm sorry but it's my culture to adorn with gold and not to be shy about celebration. Celebrities aren't just in UK and US there are celebrities all over the globe who I could be referring to who are gaudy. Whatever I asked to agree to disagree okay? I like my gold. :smile:

Nope, I am not trying to convince you not to like gold. Well those "gaudy" celebrities, are just that, gaudy.
Original post by wannabeaca
http://uk.tommy.com/Cole-Watch/08J1790985,en_GB,pd.html#

I quite like it but wanted some other opinions. It's meant for uni wear/going out and giving off a chilled look.

I have a smarter rotary watch but I'm after something more relaxed.

unless you want to look like a court jester or a circus clown, look for something else.

Not full gold. There :smile:

you on the other hand have nice taste.
what outfit are you wearing though?
i've seen that before.
Back to OP, get the watch if you really like it but it is obviously more than you need to pay for a decent watch that will do the job (obviously not on the same level as the watches being argued about in the posts above though...)
Nope, I am not trying to convince you not to like gold. Well those "gaudy" celebrities, are just that, gaudy.

& I love it :smile:
who are you to attack my taste? you want to have boring grey watch, go on. But last time I checked gold makes the eyes dazzle not boring grey and wrinkly leather :smile:

Wrinkly leather :doh:
Original post by 3309will

LOL, I don't think she knows that "wrinkly leather" is very high-end, high-quality leather.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Maura Kat
unless you want to look like a court jester or a circus clown, look for something else.

you on the other hand have nice taste.
what outfit are you wearing though?
i've seen that before.

first part was harsh lol
&just a sari.
Original post by 3309will

yep it's ugly. give me a gold band anyday. :smile:
& I love it :smile:

That's fine, but I am just saying I, and many others, do not find it attractive.
LOL, I don't think she knows that that "wrinkly leather" is very high-end, high-quality leather.

"LOL" I'm right here you know. And I know leather wrinkles and dries okay. But gold band is higher quality :smile:
That's fine, but I am just saying I, and many others, do not find it attractive.

And many do find it attractive :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest