The Student Room Group

Oxford admissions 2023

I remember this time last year. My son, for a state school was aiming high from Oxford.

He thought he could have done better in the TSA, but that was OK. Then he really thought he’d messed up one of his interviews (sobbed for two hours straight afterwards) but that turned out to be OK too and he was offered a place. …. Then he really really thought he’d banjaxed one of his A levels l; by this time I’d been to the Drs and got some happy pills 🤯.

Anyway ….. he’s now living the dream at Teddy Hall.

The point - it’s a whole lot of worry - but we’re in it together.

If I can recommend anything it’s the YouTube video from the guy at Jesus College who talks about not getting a place. I watched it a million times and had it saved to watch with son at each stage. Happily I didn’t have to share it with him, but that doesn’t make it any the less completely correct.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Original post by South Shields
I remember this time last year. My son, for a state school was aiming high from Oxford.

He thought he could have done better in the TSA, but that was OK. Then he really thought he’d messed up one of his interviews (sobbed for two hours straight afterwards) but that turned out to be OK too and he was offered a place. …. Then he really really thought he’d banjaxed one of his A levels l; by this time I’d been to the Drs and got some happy pills 🤯.

Anyway ….. he’s now living the dream at Teddy Hall.

The point - it’s a whole lot of worry - but we’re in it together.

If I can recommend anything it’s the YouTube video from the guy at Jesus College who talks about not getting a place. I watched it a million times and had it saved to watch with son at each stage. Happily I didn’t have to share it with him, but that doesn’t make it any the less completely correct.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

My daughter is off to Teddy Hall in October to study Law. It looks a lovely college, how has your son found it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending