The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Computing and Information Technology

Anyone been a successful candidate when applying for Computing and Information Technology with BTEC l3 extended ND in ICT?

Just wondering for 2015 entry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Yep I've just been accepted with D*D*D
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
DDD For me
Reply 3
Original post by Rachel889
Yep I've just been accepted with D*D*D

Thanks for the reply. Was the BTEC L3 your only qualification excluding GCSE's when you applied for Surrey - Computing and Information Technology, or do you have an A Level along side your BTEC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by G.Fecci
Thanks for the reply. Was the BTEC L3 your only qualification excluding GCSE's when you applied for Surrey - Computing and Information Technology, or do you have an A Level along side your BTEC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep only one no other a-levels I also had to do an extra 3 units in the second year because I dropped my a level in anthropology so to Mae it a triple I had to do the years work plus 3 extra units to get it to a triple. I did do one of my units as Cisco which they were impressed at 😊
Reply 5
D*DD in BTEC Business :P
Reply 6
I currently have a C in GCSE maths. The entry requirements for Computing and Information Technology is a C. But would they be looking for more B grade candidates?

Would I be more successful in gaining a conditional offer if I retake GCSE higher maths? Or would I still be considered with a C, since that's what I'll be applying with.

Also what maths GCSE grade did you apply with?

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by G.Fecci
I currently have a C in GCSE maths. The entry requirements for Computing and Information Technology is a C. But would they be looking for more B grade candidates?

Would I be more successful in gaining a conditional offer if I retake GCSE higher maths? Or would I still be considered with a C, since that's what I'll be applying with.

Also what maths GCSE grade did you apply with?

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Retaking a GCSE will have absolutely no affect on getting in, none at all. Your offer will be based on the a level grades you get. If your GCSE grades meet their criteria then that is all they will check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending