The Student Room Group

Netherlands vs Costa Rica

Scroll to see replies

Original post by So Instinct
No attempt to play the ball and barges the man over. ofc it's a pen.

Exactly my thoughts
Reply 41
Original post by 419
Never knew Wijnaldum could play this deep. I could've sworn he only played attacking role for psv.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Plays with Stijn Schaars, sometimes Hendrix and previously Strootman, in the main so he plays much further forward yeah.

Decent player
:yawn::sleep:
Reply 43
As if urena is 24.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Holland are asking to be sucker-punched here man, need to push up a bit and put the pressure on
0-0 Odds On.

Traded out for well over £3,500 profit after commission.
Original post by Zurvan
What the ****, I only got 6/1 odds at Ladbrokes about 20mins. Where did you get that odds?

I always bet before kick off. You could get 10/1 at Betfair.
Original post by Zürich
Plays with Stijn Schaars, sometimes Hendrix and previously Strootman, in the main so he plays much further forward yeah.

Decent player

What happened to Adam Maher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dekota-XS
0-0 Odds On.

Traded out for well over £3,500 profit after commission.

I always bet before kick off. You could get 10/1 at Betfair.

Too bad I didn't cover 0-0 this time. But yeah I usually cover correct score 0-0 before the match (unless I really think we'll get goals off the bat), then just wait as long as I can to start betting on the actual no. of goals I think will occur when the odds have gone up.

Still think we'll get 1-0 Holland, if not they'll get it in ET.
Reply 48
Original post by Zürich

Decent player

Yeah always caught my eye the few times I watched psv.

Also, what is it with Dutch players going away with their first names and using random nicknames?

How's does rolando maximiliano becomes Bruno? And that's not even the worst of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Kruz
What happened to Adam Maher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea still playing and doing alright, dont think he's a top talent though in all honesty and the hype is not what it was
Reply 50
Original post by 419
Yeah always caught my eye the few times I watched psv.

Also, what is it with Dutch players going away with their first names and using random nicknames?

How's does rolando maximiliano becomes Bruno? And that's not even the worst of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That'll be the Cape Verde and Suriname players who often have Portuguese origin names and do the typical Brazilian nickname thing. No player with a Dutch surname does that
Reply 51
Sneijder showing more and more quality as this tournament progresses. He's not been totally ruined by playing such low quality football for so long it seems, but helluva rusty.
Reply 52
Original post by Zürich
That'll be the Cape Verde and Suriname players who often have Portuguese origin names and do the typical Brazilian nickname thing. No player with a Dutch surname does that

Marco van ginkle does it. Real first name is actually Wulfert Cornelius.

Even van Basten's real first name wasn't Marco, though not really major difference between Marcel and Marco.

Yes, this game is boring.
Come on Hollanddd :unimpressed:
Costa Rica on pens plz!
Reply 55
Original post by 419
Marco van ginkle does it. Real first name is actually Wulfert Cornelius.

Even van Basten's real first name wasn't Marco, though not really major difference between Marcel and Marco.

Yes, this game is boring.

Just nicknames I guess, they dont put it on their shirts or anything though.
Reply 56
Original post by samba
Sneijder showing more and more quality as this tournament progresses. He's not been totally ruined by playing such low quality football for so long it seems, but helluva rusty.

Yer he's had an average at best tournament but he's starting to come into it more and more
Brilliant freekick, very unlucky.
Jesus Navas wasn't in the world cup lol
Reply 59
Not much on the Dutch bench that can change this game, might go with Huntelaar and play a bit further up the pitch

Quick Reply

Latest