The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Is it possible to change course?

Hellooo,

Currently I've applied to study sociology, but I was wondering if it is possible to change course to Philosophy and Sociology or Sociology and Social Policy? Has anybody else applied to do these courses or anybody studying these subjects know what they'll be like to do? (especially philosophy)
I would think you'd be able to change - speak to admissions. is the offer the same for the course. i suspect you could do it before hand or once you have started. you are staying in the department just doing a joint honours instead.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
You should be able to change, I was able to change mine but I did so a few months ago (before exams). I just emailed my admissions tutor for my subject and asked if it was possible and explained why I wanted to change and she sent my email to a lady in general admissions and she changed it for me on UCAS. Hope you manage to sort everything out! And good luck with results too :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Katty.S
Hellooo,

Currently I've applied to study sociology, but I was wondering if it is possible to change course to Philosophy and Sociology or Sociology and Social Policy? Has anybody else applied to do these courses or anybody studying these subjects know what they'll be like to do? (especially philosophy)

Hi there,

If you are thinking of changing courses, do it before term starts. It's obviously the wisest option, otherwise it is going to be so much of a hassle... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending