The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Transferring Uni courses?

About to start a joint honours course at Durham, wondering about the possibility of transferring to a different joint honours course that contains one of my original subjects and one different subject.

How possible is this once i’ve started at the uni? And will I have to wait till next year to start the first year over again to do this or can I ‘catch up’ on any missed lectures etc in the new subject, staying in the same academic year, if I transfer early enough?
Original post by Anonymous #1
About to start a joint honours course at Durham, wondering about the possibility of transferring to a different joint honours course that contains one of my original subjects and one different subject.

How possible is this once i’ve started at the uni? And will I have to wait till next year to start the first year over again to do this or can I ‘catch up’ on any missed lectures etc in the new subject, staying in the same academic year, if I transfer early enough?

Hiya

If you're sure you want to change your course, I'd suggest doing it earlier rather than later. You can contact the admissions team requesting the change and if places are available and you meet the entry requirements, then you may be offered a place on the new course. You can find more info here: https://www.durham.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/how-to-apply/what-happens-to-your-application/changes-to-your-application/

It is possible to change courses once you start at Durham but the chances then would be much less compared to now since places are still being filled right now. Also I doubt they allow any course changes after the first year. So the best way is to contact admissions ASAP and discuss your options with them :smile:

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

If you're sure you want to change your course, I'd suggest doing it earlier rather than later. You can contact the admissions team requesting the change and if places are available and you meet the entry requirements, then you may be offered a place on the new course. You can find more info here: https://www.durham.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/how-to-apply/what-happens-to-your-application/changes-to-your-application/

It is possible to change courses once you start at Durham but the chances then would be much less compared to now since places are still being filled right now. Also I doubt they allow any course changes after the first year. So the best way is to contact admissions ASAP and discuss your options with them :smile:

-Himieka

Thanks Himieka,
how would this work around my personal statement as it is catered towards my original joint honours subject choices?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thanks Himieka,
how would this work around my personal statement as it is catered towards my original joint honours subject choices?

You can submit a substitute personal statement (check the link I mentioned above), but it might not be necessary since you want to keep one of your original subject choices. The admissions team will be able to guide you better on this :smile:

-Himieka
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest