The Student Room Group

Are all HR girls hot?

Scroll to see replies

Of course they are going to send the hottest girls to lure in the students. They're not going to send the ugly ones are they!

But don't be fooled! You could end up in a **** job just because you liked the look of the HR girl's tits.
Reply 61
Original post by datpiff
I don't flirt at work. Call me old fashioned but business was never meant to be mixed with pleasure such as sex/relationships.

I didn't think there were many women in the IT department. Every IT department I've seen are all mixtures of social rejects, part-time comic book/game geeks, closet bronies and nerdy fat beardy types.

Seriously though: attractive they might be, nobody usually likes the HR department. They're usually incompetent and useless ***** who never leave their office (or female ghetto).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like them tbh. They're friendly.
Reply 62
Original post by noobynoo
Of course they are going to send the hottest girls to lure in the students. They're not going to send the ugly ones are they!

But don't be fooled! You could end up in a **** job just because you liked the look of the HR girl's tits.

Tbh I liked the job and the girl. Her eyes, her laugh, her personality. Just hardly see her cos their timetable is different from ours. Don't know how to get in touch with her.
Reply 63
Original post by de_monies
There are (young) girls in IT?

Erm...OK?

Just talk to them perhaps?

Happy to talk, but running into them is the problem!! Ideas?
Original post by pshah2
Happy to talk, but running into them is the problem!! Ideas?

I dont know. It's your workplace...
Reply 65
Original post by Foo.mp3
Mostly, kinda (if that's your type). Bit like girls who 'work in fashion' ~ have annoying voices/chronic bitch face, wear too much makeup, and are gold diggers :awesome:

How do you meet either HR girls or work in fashion girls?
Reply 66
Original post by Foo.mp3
Through friends/family, job hunting, and online dating

At networking events though, can you ask them out like that?
Yeah, i shoulda done personal or hairdressing at Uni instead of STEM. Then i'd get loads of fit ladies...
Original post by Foo.mp3
Through friends/family, job hunting, and online dating

Original post by pshah2
At networking events though, can you ask them out like that?

I reckon just say "Sorry, you're too pretty to work at a (insert consultancy, IT firm, bank, marketing agency, etc)! "

After she laughs, say would she like to grab a coffee sometime.
Original post by Foo.mp3
You can ask to add someone on facebook/ask for someone's number in virtually any setting, with the right approach, given sufficient IOI/rapport..

Not so sure about this though.. can you add an HR person on facebook?

I think if you ask for their number, you get end up with a work number, which isn't really an avenue to asking someone out..

You need to make it clear you like her and ask for her mobile number. It is key that you show a personal and not professional interest.

Say something like, what's the company's policy on asking out someone else in the company?

Because you think she is beautiful!
Original post by rahulchopra30
I reckon just say "Sorry, you're too pretty to work at a (insert consultancy, IT firm, bank, marketing agency, etc)! "

Yeah that's good.

If she doesn't reciprocate, then make sure not to contact her about applying for the job though!!
Reply 71
Original post by neerajpatel
Not so sure about this though.. can you add an HR person on facebook?

I think if you ask for their number, you get end up with a work number, which isn't really an avenue to asking someone out..

You need to make it clear you like her and ask for her mobile number. It is key that you show a personal and not professional interest.

Say something like, what's the company's policy on asking out someone else in the company?

Because you think she is beautiful!

Original post by Foo.mp3
You can ask to add someone on facebook/ask for someone's number in virtually any setting, with the right approach, given sufficient IOI/rapport..

Original post by rahulchopra30

Haha like some of the suggestons! So what is the best way at say a networking event, or when you meet them randomly in the building, to display your interest and get their number and ask them out??!!
Original post by de_monies
I guess like how you ask every other girl out? They're not these amazing goddesses. Theyre probably paid less than you as well

Why would they be paid less?

Original post by infairverona
The thing is the HR people we usually send to events are just admins so I get why people think HR girls are pretty but dim, we never send anyone high up. Just the admins haha

If a company employs "dim" HR admins then they're in big trouble. There is nothing "dim" about admin. It's essentially the bread and butter. Have shabby admin and everything falls apart and no one in the wider business will take the HR team seriously. The "professionalisation" of HR means that most people who are keen to have a career have to start in an admin role and so they should, it's vital that they understand this part before moving on to working in a more strategic HR role.

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I also have deep suspicion of anyone who works in HR.

I used to work in HR. Do you know what, that is sometimes the hardest thing about working in that function is challenging the reputation that is bestowed on us because we have "HR" in our job title.

I wonder why you are suspicious? Maybe it's the fact that we're involved in the "hiring" and "firing"? Or maybe it's because some just haven't had the pleasure of working with an HR professional who is great at what they do? A lot of people that are suspicious.... it kind of comes with the territory :frown:

A lot of my time was spent on supporting managers to support and better manage their employees but also supporting the employees and at times protecting them from their managers. Yes I was involved in redundancy process but ultimately that's not HR's decision. The role that we play is to ensure that as a process we do it properly and we act professionally and with compassion - of course there are commercial considerations but ultimately a high-class HR professional should be able to balance the legalities, the commercial pressures and compassion for the employees " who are at risk"; making it as painless as it can be, if that is possible!

Original post by Anonymous
Is it me... or are all the HR girls from various banks who attend career fairs/talks at uni ridiculously hot?

I mean... some of them are just like models... are they all like that?

....and yes some are rather pleasing to the eye :wink:

Original post by Clip
HR is like a bee hive. There will be the Queen and a few soldiers, but the overwhelming majority will be worker bees called Hayley or Emma who are a size 12, wear ballet pumps with a top from All Saints and a Primark handbag. It's something they teach you on the CIPD.

That made made me laugh! Probably a little bit too much!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by She-Ra
Why would they be paid less?

If a company employs "dim" HR admins then they're in big trouble. There is nothing "dim" about admin. It's essentially the bread and butter. Have shabby admin and everything falls apart and no one in the wider business will take the HR team seriously. The "professionalisation" of HR means that most people who are keen to have a career have to start in an admin role and so they should, it's vital that they understand this part before moving on to working in a more strategic HR role.

I used to work in HR. Do you know what, that is sometimes the hardest thing about working in that function is challenging the reputation that is bestowed on us because we have "HR" in our job title.

I wonder why you are suspicious? Maybe it's the fact that we're involved in the "hiring" and "firing"? Or maybe it's because some just haven't had the pleasure of working with an HR professional who is great at what they do? A lot of people that are suspicious.... it kind of comes with the territory :frown:

A lot of my time was spent on supporting managers to support and better manage their employees but also supporting the employees and at times protecting them from their managers. Yes I was involved in redundancy process but ultimately that's not HR's decision. The role that we play is to ensure that as a process we do it properly and we act professionally and with compassion - of course there are commercial considerations but ultimately a high-class HR professional should be able to balance the legalities, the commercial pressures and compassion for the employees " who are at risk"; making it as painless as it can be, if that is possible!

Haha some very good points! I find them very useful tbh and some of the friendliest people in the firm, which is a major point! Much easier to talk to.

Yes, I find many very pleasing to the eye, literally I am not sure as to why some are not models. That is the only reason why find it difficult to talk to the HR girls at networking events. They are really friendly, but I'm too nervous becaues they are too pretty!!

Is it possible to ask them out? How do you:
a) overcome your fear of the pretty girl
b) get her number to ask her out and display a personal interst in her

Can you do this at a networking event? Can you do this in the corridor at work? They're not on my floor, so I only bump into some of the junior ones (like myself) in the lobby by chance.
Reply 74
Is it the job of the HR girls to make guys they really feel are vermin, feel like kings for the sake of the company? I can only imagine being hot and in a high-paid job must make you feel you can look down upon the mere mortals
Reply 75
Original post by Foo.mp3
Smooth, although I'm more a fan of whollistic/bespoke compliments personally e.g. about her as a person/girl, or some aspect of your conversation that stands out in your mind :smile:

Sure, why not? I wouldn't mix it up with the applications process though, I'd make it reasonably clear from the outset that you'd like to get to know more about her not (just) the job!

I wouldn't ask for a girl's number unless I felt she was likely to give me her personal one e.g. we had established rapport, and ideally I'd seen some IOIs, and was prepared to say something like "this is your personal number, right?" with a cheeky grin on my face (she can only say no, big deals)

Correctamundo

Haha, bless! :h:

The most sophisticated way is to demonstrate solid social skills and not a hint of desperation e.g. talk naturally, talk about her, make assumptions about her, challenge her, subtly invite her to question you (on a personal level), use strong non-verbal communication/body language, demonstrate self confidence and conviction, and then ask for her details as if it's no big deal. Better yet, just tell her you’d like to see her again, and let her suggest you should get her number or something :cool:

This is really good advice thank you!

I do agree, I like more personal compiments, but the problem is time. Sometimes, a quick smooth opening is necessary to state intentions, but it is high risk at a networking event! What if they don't like you... they could say no, but would they blank you afterward?

Trouble is at these occasions, they are hundreds of other people trying to talk to them, some of whom block you with pointless questions at them.

How to beat them to her, (save for clubbing down the other candidates) and immediately establish that you think she is pretty and want to ask her out?

What are the tell tale IOI's?
Reply 76
Original post by Foo.mp3
Smooth, although I'm more a fan of whollistic/bespoke compliments personally e.g. about her as a person/girl, or some aspect of your conversation that stands out in your mind :smile:

Sure, why not? I wouldn't mix it up with the applications process though, I'd make it reasonably clear from the outset that you'd like to get to know more about her not (just) the job!

I wouldn't ask for a girl's number unless I felt she was likely to give me her personal one e.g. we had established rapport, and ideally I'd seen some IOIs, and was prepared to say something like "this is your personal number, right?" with a cheeky grin on my face (she can only say no, big deals)

Correctamundo

Haha, bless! :h:

The most sophisticated way is to demonstrate solid social skills and not a hint of desperation e.g. talk naturally, talk about her, make assumptions about her, challenge her, subtly invite her to question you (on a personal level), use strong non-verbal communication/body language, demonstrate self confidence and conviction, and then ask for her details as if it's no big deal. Better yet, just tell her you’d like to see her again, and let her suggest you should get her number or something :cool:

Just want to say again, smooth solid advice sir!
Reply 77
Original post by She-Ra

Say you meet a pretty HR girl in the corridor, how do you convey that you like her personally and ask her out/get her phone number?

I really like this girl's personalty and go weak at the knees when I see her, yet I feel as if there is this barrier because she is HR (even though she is only 2 years older than me being at the junior level) and I recently joined the company.

I have her company email, but not sure that's the best form of communication!!
Reply 78
Original post by Foo.mp3
No problemo

So use something like "delightful", "charming", "lovely", "nice", so that you meaning is understood but they can take it as a general compliment rather than necessarily interpreting it as you being ON IT

Welcome to the world. Social proofing is an indelible part of attraction, so if a girl sees you handle such mongs with consumate ease she'll be that more attracted to you :borat:

Wait for an opportune moment or else just dive into conversation and wait for the others to fag off, or else get in there like a baws and be bold, in, out, no fannying about

Indicators Of Interest (signs of attraction/flirtation)

Okay this is good! Awesome, will give it a go.

Say you happen to meet her by chance on the corridor, what would you say to her then?
In my experience YES they are.

They are also the nicest people in the firm. (They're not competing for your job)

The young ones are more relaxed than the ones in your division and the girls there are more girly than the aggressive types who are more likely to be in your division.

Compliment them. I know it's hard, but whenever you can ask how they are and talk nicely to them. The fact that you unlike your colleagues are nice, will leave an impression!

Quick Reply

Latest