The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
guitargirl03
As far as I'm aware, South Park has not included scenes involving child sex abuse...

michael jackson episode.

cottonmouth
To the third, i disagree. Intelligence and humour are linked. The younger you are, the less complex a joke has to be to be funny. When you grow up and acquire knowledge and wisdom, you don't laugh at you father saying "boo" behind his hands. If you are clever, you don't laugh at rapist , incestuos clowns saying "i'll wear a condom". I'm not arguing about whether they are offensive or not. The debate is about whether potentially offensive things are funny. The examples given in those carttons are not in the least bit funny. There are, however, some very funny offensive jokes. It would serve us well to find better examples than those crap cartoons.

man getting hit in groin with football. :toofunny:

I must be well stupid.
Reply 41
cottonmouth
I do know a few offensive jokes, that are actually funny.

What do you do if an Indian man is drowning? Take you foot off his head.

What do you call an Indian on the moon? A problem. What do you call all Indian men on the moon? Problem solved.

A white girl takes a black man back to her flat for sex. Sh'es kinky, so she has him handcuff her to the bed. She exclaims "Okay! Do what black guys do best", while spreading her legs. So he steals her T.V

These are funny, because they require a TINY bit of thought. Those cartoons are just void of any thought or intelligence. They are like statements, rather than jokes.

they're rubbish

why did hitler kill himself?

Spoiler

Does it really matter? As long as it's legal to produce...
Just a warning: This thread is not, repeat not, going to turn into a competition to post the most offensive joke/jokoid.
Haha. Jokoid? Is that a word? If it is, it's my word of the week.
Reply 45
:frown: I was looking forward to posting my concentration camp cricket game jokoid.
Jokoid: Something that has the shape of a joke but is not actually funny.
Reply 47
well mine is really funny. and the hitler one weren't bad :p:
Thud
:frown: I was looking forward to posting my concentration camp cricket game jokoid.
Why? Just... why?

Is that in itself a Jokoid?
Thud
well mine is really funny. and the hitler one weren't bad :p:
But if it involves concentration camps, you're going to offend a lot of people. "Funny" and "offensive" are both relative terms, but the latter requires more careful handling.
mipmapped

Is that in itself a Jokoid?
Er, not intentionally. It's just a definition. :biggrin:
Reply 52
Agent Smith
Why? Just... why?

lmao

Actually, I think it may offend certain members of a certain religion so best not. But, if anyone wants to hear feel free to pm me though (of course, it is grossly offensive).
Yeah, Thud, hit me.

(That's a jokoid, that is.)
cottonmouth
I do know a few offensive jokes, that are actually funny.

What do you do if an Indian man is drowning? Take you foot off his head.

What do you call an Indian on the moon? A problem. What do you call all Indian men on the moon? Problem solved.

A white girl takes a black man back to her flat for sex. Sh'es kinky, so she has him handcuff her to the bed. She exclaims "Okay! Do what black guys do best", while spreading her legs. So he steals her T.V

These are funny, because they require a TINY bit of thought. Those cartoons are just void of any thought or intelligence. They are like statements, rather than jokes.

:toofunny: I love the way that post was warned. It makes me feel warm inside.

The reason these cartoons are funny is because they're exposing a dirty topic. Much like South Park did with swearing (and then it went on to violence, racism and sexual abuse, just because it could, and continued to be funny). It doesn't happen in real life. Of course, sexual abuse does - but not as portrayed in this cartoon. They're doing something no one else has dared to do to such a level. Remember when we were all young and the word "f**k" was funny? It's funny because it's taboo. Not funny because the work "f**k" implies coitus, nor am I finding anything funny because we can imagine these cartoon kids getting raped. It's funny because it's exposing a sensitive topic light-heartedly and in a very sarcastic way.

I dunno about anyone else, but I object much more to the drink driving advert (you know the one - two guys in the pub sipping their drinks staring at a girl at the bar, one guy takes one sip 'too many', suddenly the camera zooms in and out like a car crash and the woman is left on the floor bleeding and with broken limbs) than I would to a cartoon about drink driving, no matter what light it was put in. In the same way I would take offence if in the next few years we started getting adverts on TV showing, say, a child out at night without a parent, and some guy hiding in the bushes, child walks past, bang, the guy's got them and runs off into the forest holding their mouth. Then some bull**** message from the government about paedophilia. Now that would be too offensive, and would carry as much of a message as the drink driving advert.

Put simply, they're not incredibly funny. They're shocking, and that makes them funny, but the content isn't funny, and it's repetitive. But they're not "too offensive" - there are much more offensive things.

(Besides, whoever says South Park hasn't covered this topic has never watched South Park.)
Reply 55
It's slightly funny. Not too offensive...I'm not easily offended though.

Tucker Max and Maddox articles/stories are a million times better. And Explosm comics.
Goddamn Thud, that's terrible!

pissedmyself though.
Reply 57
mipmapped
Goddamn Thud, that's terrible!

pissedmyself though.

lmao. :biggrin:

you should see with the impressions :wink:
lmao.

you should see with the impressions

I can only imagine that it's even more perverse, disguisting and hilarious :biggrin:
Reply 59
I feel like I'm missing out here...
Thud/mipmapped could you PM me this little joke? :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending