The Student Room Group

Could a mental health nurse be allowed neck / hand tattoos?

Assuming the tattoo is not offensive or disrespectful, would you be allowed to work with a tattoo on your neck or hands?
Reply 1
i don't see why not :smile:
Done nursing for 3 years and it was never a problem
Original post by EmpathyBoy
Assuming the tattoo is not offensive or disrespectful, would you be allowed to work with a tattoo on your neck or hands?

You'll be fine as long as what you said about offensive and disrespectful then you will be able to have a tattoo.

Having just finished three years of nursing I didn't see any of the students or qualified nurses who had tattoos having a problem with it.

Hello @EmpathyBoy

I hope you're well. Yes, assuming it could not be interpreted as anything offensive or disrespectful, it would typically be allowed. It would be even better if you could look at their uniform / dress policy as that should mention tattoos!

Kind regards,
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Reply 5

I have 15 tattoos and one of them is on my neck! Never had a problem. In fact, in my experience, my practice assessors have only cared about the fact that I come to placement looking smart and that I had adhere to hygiene policy (so no necklaces or rings or hoop earrings, etc). The tattoos and mullet actually help establish me as an individual, and in turn it's helped me build rapport with patients and strike up conversations with staff nurses I'm meeting for the first time. :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending