The Student Room Group

Why do some people enter conversations?

So I am talking to classmates in class and this one person always butts in for no reason. Like I was talking about a TV show, just a quick convo with someone else and they are like "can we please not talk about it". Although I wasn't talking to them.
Why can't they respect the fact that I'm having a convo? The other person talks to someone else about weird stuff with the friend on the table (like its seriously sus). But when it comes to me?
Its a me issue ig.
Just completely air them and continue with your convo then.
Reply 2
No way. Listen, I wouldn't let anybody dictate to you what you can and cannot talk about. At the end of the day, there's nothing to be discrete over. It's a TV show for crying out loud. If they can't deal with it, I guess that's just tough. It wasn't their conversation to get involved in in the first place. I mean, I guess I get it. Some people have their discomforts. To avoid the trouble I just wouldn't bring it up around them, but I understand your annoyance. There's nothing you can really do to change people who eavesdrop. Just don't give them any attention and they'll probably get bored with your conversations soon enough. Changing what you talk about won't solve it
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Just completely air them and continue with your convo then.

thank you, that's a good idea.
Original post by K.online.
No way. Listen, I wouldn't let anybody dictate to you what you can and cannot talk about. At the end of the day, there's nothing to be discrete over. It's a TV show for crying out loud. If they can't deal with it, I guess that's just tough. It wasn't their conversation to get involved in in the first place. I mean, I guess I get it. Some people have their discomforts. To avoid the trouble I just wouldn't bring it up around them, but I understand your annoyance. There's nothing you can really do to change people who eavesdrop. Just don't give them any attention and they'll probably get bored with your conversations soon enough. Changing what you talk about won't solve it

for real!

Spoiler

I agree with you, thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by DaydreamingTeen
for real!

Spoiler

I agree with you, thanks!

DOCTOR WHO? Some people are just far too sensitive. My honest opinion; ignore them. There's enough in life to worry about before wondering if you're causing offense by talking about...doctor who. It's not a big deal
Original post by K.online.
DOCTOR WHO? Some people are just far too sensitive. My honest opinion; ignore them. There's enough in life to worry about before wondering if you're causing offense by talking about...doctor who. It's not a big deal

agreed!
Original post by DaydreamingTeen
So I am talking to classmates in class and this one person always butts in for no reason. Like I was talking about a TV show, just a quick convo with someone else and they are like "can we please not talk about it". Although I wasn't talking to them.
Why can't they respect the fact that I'm having a convo? The other person talks to someone else about weird stuff with the friend on the table (like its seriously sus). But when it comes to me?
Its a me issue ig.

oh my god same! its so annoying
@Meheraj did this happen to u?
Reply 8
Original post by MyLifeNotFound
oh my god same! its so annoying
@Meheraj did this happen to u?

There were and are so many people who don't know how to mind their own business. So, they always prefer to do that. I've witnessed it a lot too.
Original post by Meheraj
There were and are so many people who don't know how to mind their own business. So, they always prefer to do that. I've witnessed it a lot too.

yeah i agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending