The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
generalebriety
Maybe they weren't intended to be funny. Maybe they were intended to provoke outrage. :smile:

Doesn't really do that either. It's a sort of "Viz" humor - very old hat and outdated.
I LOLed a lot of them. They're not too offensive. Outrageous but not too offensive. A lot of them give the impresion of "thats not right!!!"
Not offensive, just disgusting.

However the people who say "those who find this funny are just low in intelligence" are wrong and too up themselves to realise it. That kind of thinking offends me more.
Reply 83
yeh i found it funny in that guilty yeh thats not really funny but it is lol sort of way. for the minority who found it funny, you may find this website quite funny as well lol. you've just take everythin with a pinch of salt

http://www.tshirthell.com/hell.shtml
Reply 84
I can't believe a whole thread's been put up about this, and the question is, "Is it funny?" Well, I found it funny initially. But then as I saw more and more of the same, it got less and less funny. If you're interested.

What struck me more was the kind of person who would create a cartoon like this - that's the bigger question. To my mind, they're are either incredibly cold and have a horrible imagination, or have suffered abuse themselves.
yes, offensive
some of them were pretty nasty but some funny
tehjonny

Come on, has no else laughed at the advert with the women and the two guys in the bar?...No?

You mean this one?

If so youre not the only one:biggrin:

Of course theres nothing funny about the subject matter, but the advert is just ridiculous...
The three funniest things are
1. the slapstick part when she does her table headbutt thing
2. Once shes dead the background actors just carry on casually talking
3. The guys face at the end! he looks like he's thinking "aw ****, it happened again," or something :biggrin:

First time I saw that ad I was in a cinema and I burst out laughing :redface:

As for those cartoons... they dont really offend me, but theyre not really funny either.
Theyre the sort of thing I might have found funny in yr8
BenThackray

You mean this one?

If so youre not the only one:biggrin:

Of course theres nothing funny about the subject matter, but the advert is just ridiculous...
The three funniest things are
1. the slapstick part when she does her table headbutt thing
2. Once shes dead the background actors just carry on casually talking
3. The guys face at the end! he looks like he's thinking "aw ****, it happened again," or something :biggrin:

First time I saw that ad I was in a cinema and I burst out laughing :redface:

As for those cartoons... they dont really offend me, but theyre not really funny either.
Theyre the sort of thing I might have found funny in yr8

That advert is hilarious
Reply 89
I always get annoyed. Its not illegal to drink two pints of normal carlsberg lager and drive.
Reminds me too much of this comic strip (May be offensive to some people)
http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/current/index.html

Not as funny though. Hope Niff keeps trying though
It's not really comedy. its some moronic interpretation of comedy. insulting people, racism, rape and paedophilia aren't really comedy subjects.

Having said that i did find one or two of the earlier ones funny.
benisright
I always get annoyed. Its not illegal to drink two pints of normal carlsberg lager and drive.

Two pints = four units, which is way over the limit, right?
Reply 93
funny and offensive
generalebriety
Two pints = four units, which is way over the limit, right?

Depends on your metabolism.

But as a general rule, yeah.
ForeverIsMyName
Depends on your metabolism.

But as a general rule, yeah.

No, it doesn't depend on your metabolism. How drunk you get depends on your metabolism. But four units is over the limit, since the limit is defined in units. I can't remember whether the legal limit is 1 or 2 units, but I do know that 4 units is at least twice the legal limit.
generalebriety
No, it doesn't depend on your metabolism. How drunk you get depends on your metabolism. But four units is over the limit, since the limit is defined in units. I can't remember whether the legal limit is 1 or 2 units, but I do know that 4 units is at least twice the legal limit.

No it's not; it's based on the percentage of alcohol inside you, something like 80mg per 100 mils of blood. It's difficult to put into units because a guy who is 30 stone and drinks regulally is going to be able to drink more than a casual drinking who weighs 10 stone.
ForeverIsMyName
No it's not; it's based on the percentage of alcohol inside you, something like 80mg per 100 mils of blood. It's difficult to put into units because a guy who is 30 stone and drinks regulally is going to be able to drink more than a casual drinking who weighs 10 stone.

That's not really to do with metabolism, unless you're talking about waiting for an hour after a drink or something...
generalebriety
That's not really to do with metabolism, unless you're talking about waiting for an hour after a drink or something...

Well yeah, people don't generally down a drink before they leave a pub to drive home :p:

Point taken, though.
Reply 99
Something can be funny because it's so offensive.

Like rape.

Latest

Trending

Trending