The Student Room Group

Will a bad FSMQ result affect my university application?

Last year alongside my GCSEs, I did an advanced-level FSMQ. It was aside from my actual subjects and I got ~6 hours of teaching, in half-hour sessions on wednesday mornings before school. Obviously it didn't go very well, I did half of the paper and received an E.

In all of my other subjects I got A*/A, and I am predicted straight As for my AS levels. Will this bad FSMQ result affect me applying for Maths/Comp Sci? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by sarcasmrules
Last year alongside my GCSEs, I did an advanced-level FSMQ. It was aside from my actual subjects and I got ~6 hours of teaching, in half-hour sessions on wednesday mornings before school. Obviously it didn't go very well, I did half of the paper and received an E.

In all of my other subjects I got A*/A, and I am predicted straight As for my AS levels. Will this bad FSMQ result affect me applying for Maths/Comp Sci? Thanks.

I doubt it will have much effect. Obviously a good grade would have looked good, but getting good grades at AS maths and your other ASs should override that. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending