The Student Room Group

late period/pregnancy worries

Hi, looking for reassurance and advice on my situation.
last month i had sex with my boyfriend using a condom, during the time i was on my period (so chances of becoming pregnant at their lowest?) but it slipped/he didnt pull out, we dont think he came inside me as the ejaculation seemed to come out the bottom of the condom onto the bed, no holes found in condom, and i didn't feel anything, but not totally 100% sure. i took a morning after pill less than 12 hours after, and experienced bleeding a few days after that for a couple of days. but i am now 8 days late on my period this month. i have taken 2 pregnancy tests today and both came back negative but still worried.
not sure if this is normal for the morning after pill to make me over a week late?
also slightly concerned as i go to Spain on Friday for 2 weeks, so can't do much about it over there.
any advice appreciated, thanks :smile:
Yes, taking the morning after pill can affect your cycle.

The combination of when it was, what happened, the MAP, and two negative tests mean you're not pregnant.
Reply 2
Yes it can make your period late; I was told this by the nurse when I got it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by unprinted
Yes, taking the morning after pill can affect your cycle.

The combination of when it was, what happened, the MAP, and two negative tests mean you're not pregnant.

Original post by gemmam
Yes it can make your period late; I was told this by the nurse when I got it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you both. still haven't had my period, 12 days late. how long should i leave it before i should be worried? as i say on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks but may book a doctors appointment when i'm back. taken 4 pregnancy tests now (just tesco own brand, do they have much difference from the more expensive ones ?) and all negative but can't put my mind to rest yet.
It will probably happen on holiday.

No, the own brand ones are fine (and fortunately much cheaper!)

You're not pregnant from this.
Reply 5
Original post by unprinted
It will probably happen on holiday.

No, the own brand ones are fine (and fortunately much cheaper!)

You're not pregnant from this.

thank you for the reassurance! if it doesnt happen on holiday i shall book a doctor's appointment.

Quick Reply

Latest