The Student Room Group

I think my boyfriend is upset with me

So my boyfriend has been acting really off this week. I have been having issues with my parents and my parents decided to talk to his parents on Saturday. I'm not sure what they said exactly. But I'm pretty sure his parents spoke to him about it. On Sunday we spoke and he said what happened on Saturday changes nothing in our relationship, but we need to slow down and stop making rash decisions, which I agreed with. Monday he barely spoke to me, then Tuesday I noticed my period was late, so we started panicking about the fact I might have been pregnant. But Wednesday morning It started so we stopped worrying. But we were talking about it after school on Tuesday and his mums friend heard and told her and she asked him what our chat was about. He said I was stressed about the amount of work at school. Then later on he started speed walking away. I thought he was being playful but then he told me to "respectfully, (duck) off". I got a bit upset and didnt sit with him in our last lesson, and he messaged apologising for earlier and asking where I was. I told him where I was and he asked if there was a seat next to me and i said no cause there wasn't. after our last lesson didn't wait and started to walk home. He waited for me at the back gate and walked me home from there, repeating asking whether I was okay and what I was stressed about. I told him it was school work and I was fine. He said I was being really defensive. I apologised. Then on Thursday I told him that what he said upset me and then he said he was sorry and he was also sorry for making me feel unwanted. Then he just wouldn't reply to messages straight away. Then today he has just been basically ignoring me and I don't know what to think.

What are peoples thoughts about the situation cause I am so confused.
Reply 1
Being still in school is young to be worrying about relationships, let alone pregnancy scares; if you are going to have sex, you both need to make sure a reliable method of contraception is used.

I get the impression a lot of what you'll 'talking' is actually over message. You need to sit down together somewhere with no distractions and talk this through properly.. The pair of you are being immature in this; if you think you are mature enough to be in a position to potentially have a child, you are mature enough to manage the communication.
Reply 2
Most of this was in person and we used condoms, but still freaked out cause we weren't expecting it to be late. We did sit down and have a proper conversation but I still feel he is being cold towards me
Reply 3
Original post by Blackrose06
Most of this was in person and we used condoms, but still freaked out cause we weren't expecting it to be late. We did sit down and have a proper conversation but I still feel he is being cold towards me

How well did you really know him before getting into a relationship and sleeping with him? Did you date much and discuss how things would work between you?
So my boyfriend has been acting really off this week. I have been having issues with my parents and my parents decided to talk to his parents on Saturday. I'm not sure what they said exactly. But I'm pretty sure his parents spoke to him about it. On Sunday we spoke and he said what happened on Saturday changes nothing in our relationship, but we need to slow down and stop making rash decisions, which I agreed with. Monday he barely spoke to me, then Tuesday I noticed my period was late, so we started panicking about the fact I might have been pregnant. But Wednesday morning It started so we stopped worrying. But we were talking about it after school on Tuesday and his mums friend heard and told her and she asked him what our chat was about. He said I was stressed about the amount of work at school. Then later on he started speed walking away. I thought he was being playful but then he told me to "respectfully, (duck) off". I got a bit upset and didnt sit with him in our last lesson, and he messaged apologising for earlier and asking where I was. I told him where I was and he asked if there was a seat next to me and i said no cause there wasn't. after our last lesson didn't wait and started to walk home. He waited for me at the back gate and walked me home from there, repeating asking whether I was okay and what I was stressed about. I told him it was school work and I was fine. He said I was being really defensive. I apologised. Then on Thursday I told him that what he said upset me and then he said he was sorry and he was also sorry for making me feel unwanted. Then he just wouldn't reply to messages straight away. Then today he has just been basically ignoring me and I don't know what to think.

My thoughts are now he's slept with you a few times he is deliberately acting a ******** and will eventually leave you for another girl
Reply 5
Original post by Heaven girl
My thoughts are now he's slept with you a few times he is deliberately acting a ******** and will eventually leave you for another girl
Hey, just as an update, he broke up with me just over 2 weeks ago. We still are friends and as far as I'm aware he isn't seeing anyone else.
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
How well did you really know him before getting into a relationship and sleeping with him? Did you date much and discuss how things would work between you?
We didn't get into anything intimate until 3 months into our relationship, but we were going on dates and spent time together all the time

You’re not an option . 2024 STAND ON BUSINESS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending