The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Which College?

Hi,

I will start studying Economics at York in September and I'm wondering which college should I choose.
I thought of choosing the new Constantine College as the rooms are brand new and modern.
However the economics department is next to Alcuin College so the college is at a convenient location.

How far is Constantine College from the economics department?
Which college of the two should I choose?

Regards,

NeoXx
Original post by NeoXx
Hi,

I will start studying Economics at York in September and I'm wondering which college should I choose.
I thought of choosing the new Constantine College as the rooms are brand new and modern.
However the economics department is next to Alcuin College so the college is at a convenient location.

Regards,

NeoXx

It'd be about a 20 minute walk from Constantine to your department, or like a 5 minute bike ride. There's a free bus that runs also.

You can compare distance here: http://www.york.ac.uk/about/maps/campus/
University of York
York
Original post by NeoXx
Hi,

Regards,

NeoXx

Hey,

If you have any questions about Constantine let me know, I'm Vice-Chair for Welfare at Constantine College so just drop me a line.

Jack
Children Children Children...

Constantine College's BRAND NEW WEBSITE is now live...

Ok, so it is looking a bit empty at the moment, but we're fleshing things out. Save the address and keep checking back as we update it with lots of exciting things relating to freshers' week, activities and events.

Oh, and I forgot to mention! We have forums on there... yep. Ask the welcome committee questions RIGHT ON THE SITE! OMG.
And we're working on a live chat as well...

Did I also plug that is is entirely mobile-friendly. Yeah, thats right! You can even access us on your phone. BAM! Didn't see that one coming did you.

Check us out now: http://www.constantinecollege.com/
So! Accommodation applications opened to unconditional students today!

In Constantine, Cat (Chair) and I (Vice-Chair for Community) got a little bit eager to see how applications were coming along..

and we filmed our visit to the office!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW8hylvJfn4

Be prepared to laugh at us, because this OSCAR performance has just wiped out any street cred we had ^_^

#Constantineftw #Muchlove #OMGApplications
Hi everyone, ive got an unconditional offer for law for this september. Currently deciding what college to apply for. I'm thinking vanbrugh, premium ensuite, but they are only 36 week lets which could be a pain in the backside come easter. Since i'm studying law (law schools on hes east) the site recommends i choose a college from hes east, however i've heard they're a little dead compared to the others, and thats not what i want! is it really a massive pain to make the 5(?) minute journey to the law school for classes and then go back to vanbrugh or alcuin to live?
Reply 6
Original post by beefchief
Hi everyone, ive got an unconditional offer for law for this september. Currently deciding what college to apply for. I'm thinking vanbrugh, premium ensuite, but they are only 36 week lets which could be a pain in the backside come easter. Since i'm studying law (law schools on hes east) the site recommends i choose a college from hes east, however i've heard they're a little dead compared to the others, and thats not what i want! is it really a massive pain to make the 5(?) minute journey to the law school for classes and then go back to vanbrugh or alcuin to live?

Not too much of a problem; I did it for CompSci in first year. The buses are fairly regular, anyway, and if you get a bike it's no problem at all.

It is nice to fall out of bed into lectures though...
Reply 7
Would be great to have a very honest opinion!!

1. Which college is the most fun/social on hes east - goodricke?
2. Will i miss out alot on hes east?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending