The Student Room Group

Which Cambridge colleges have the best mental health support?

Hello! I'm in the process of choosing a college for Cambridge, and over the past few months I've realised that mental health support is important for me when making university choices. Which colleges have good support systems (accessible counselling if needed etc.) and which ones should you avoid if this is a dealbreaker?
All Colleges have access to the uni's central counselling system, which is pretty good. Some colleges will offer additional support - through their own teams of counsellors or funding available (usually only if the university or NHS won't see you, or special requirements etc.). As far as I know this information isn't compiled anywhere, and for a lot of colleges the webpages detailing this are only available to members, unfortunately.

In addition to counselling, colleges have different approaches to mental health - how lenient will they be with deadlines, grades etc.. There's no official policies or anything on this one, so probably your best bet is contacting students at the college or the JCR.

In general, though, colleges will be pretty much the same for this, since so much of it is run centrally by the uni.
Reply 2
Original post by Theloniouss
All Colleges have access to the uni's central counselling system, which is pretty good. Some colleges will offer additional support - through their own teams of counsellors or funding available (usually only if the university or NHS won't see you, or special requirements etc.). As far as I know this information isn't compiled anywhere, and for a lot of colleges the webpages detailing this are only available to members, unfortunately.

In addition to counselling, colleges have different approaches to mental health - how lenient will they be with deadlines, grades etc.. There's no official policies or anything on this one, so probably your best bet is contacting students at the college or the JCR.

In general, though, colleges will be pretty much the same for this, since so much of it is run centrally by the uni.

Thank you so much, that’s really helpful! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending