The Student Room Group

Oxford Colleges for PPL

Which Oxford colleges recieve the most/least applications for PPL, and are there any which have been found to be easier or harder to get into?
Original post by Anonymous
Which Oxford colleges recieve the most/least applications for PPL, and are there any which have been found to be easier or harder to get into?

Different colleges shouldn't be harder or easier to get into. If a course at a given college has too many applicants, they will reassign people to other colleges. Even if a certain college gave you a slightly higher chance of getting accepted in a given year, there are too many unknowns involved to reasonably calculate which college this would be in advance. I would recommend just focusing on which college you would be happiest studying at.
It seems typical for Oxford to interview you at two different colleges for most courses in most cases, and I think have a somewhat informal pooling system in case a good applicant gets squeezed out by the competition.

Equally I think PPL is a fairly small course so I'd imagine it would be hard to draw any statistical inference from year on year intakes as I think most colleges will only have 1-3 students being taken on in a given year. So if a college takes on one more or one fewer student in a given year, that would throw the averages out considerably...

As above I think it's not something to worry about and you should just focus on finding one you generally like the feel of - bearing in mind you may well end up at another college in the end anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending