The Student Room Group

Is bringing a camera to university worth it?

Hiya all! I'm starting uni soon and I was wondering if it was worth getting a camera since most people just take pictures on their phone, ipad etc. I kinda like have physical photos and such but maybe cameras are kind of fashion now. XD

What are all of your opinions on bringing a camera for your first year at university? Did you?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Wonderer1
Hiya all! I'm starting uni soon and I was wondering if it was worth getting a camera since most people just take pictures on their phone, ipad etc. I kinda like have physical photos and such but maybe cameras are kind of fashion now. XD

What are all of your opinions on bringing a camera for your first year at university? Did you?

Thanks in advance!

I plan on it. But if its a good one, i.e. a canon etc id get it insured on your own personal insurance not just the one the uni offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can, but I wouldn't advise taking a camera on too many nights out (unless you do that already and are used to it) as if you're even a little bit tipsy you're very likely to drop/lose it speaking from experience :tongue:

Have fun at uni :smile:
I took my camera last year & I think i took a grand total of 3 photos over the whole year.. Usually just used my phone :smile:
Original post by Wonderer1

Thanks in advance!

Depends!

Are you talking about a SLR/DSLR? Or just a point and click camera?

If you're going to take lots of nice photos and you're into photography, then a SLR/DSLR is definitely worth it. :smile: (Make sure you get a good insurance plan, though!!)

If you just want average pictures of drunken nights out (:tongue:) or just memory snaps then probably your phone is enough, seeing as the quality of phone cameras are so good these days. It doesn't seem worth splashing out on a point and click camera if you've already got a decent one built in to your phone. :smile:

If you want physical photos, then you can upload pictures from your phone to snapfish or similar and get them digitally printed and sent to you. You can also upload them to your PC, stick them on a flash drive and print them out at Boots or wherever. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending