The Student Room Group

My Chemical Romance Society

Scroll to see replies

frederizia
Haha, nope I haven't heard it yet. I might look it up, then. To The End is your favourite song on Three Cheers? Mine varies but right now it's Deathwish.

I don't have Live And Rare either. I wish I had but it's so expensive because it's an import so I'll wait until I'm rich :wink:.

Just sent you a PM :smile:

And I do love Deathwish (I prefer to call it Fashion Statement though :tongue:) - it's definately one of my favourites, it's just something about To The End that I love :love: although it used to be Prison.
http://www.summersonic.com/09/lineup/index.html

I want to go to Japan this August. Please. Please please pleeeeease. That is such a great line-up, not only MCR but also LP and Placebo and oh so many other great bands!
I noticed that, I'm so jealous! :frown:

The only good thing is that this is a sign that they might have their album out by then, or at least have finished it? I certainly hope so! :biggrin:
That SS lineup is the nuts. Shame I'm flat broke, don't speak Japanese and have no emo friends...

snowyowl
I noticed that, I'm so jealous! :frown:

The only good thing is that this is a sign that they might have their album out by then, or at least have finished it? I certainly hope so! :biggrin:

Love the location!
A guy who likes MCR! No way!

:tongue:

Just surprised.
spartakist

Love the location!

It's great to see a guy who loves MCR :biggrin: what's your favourite song? :biggrin:
frederizia
A guy who likes MCR! No way!

:tongue:

Just surprised.

There's a few of us around:wink: My friends laugh at me pretty much all the time for it though...

Favourite song is probably Demolition Lovers, or the whole of Three Cheers, the best album ive ever heard

Are there many MCR fans around here? This thread just seems to be you two:tongue:
Apparently it's just us at the moment :wink:.

Oooooh I love Demolition Lovers. If I had to choose a favourite song it would definitely be it. :love:

Oh, well, your friends have a rubbish taste in music then! :tongue:
I know one guy (maybe 2, he went to the same concert as me with a friend, so I guess he likes them too?) who likes MCR. And then there's a guy who was in my year at school who went to a festival and saw them live and said that he liked them, too. But he had never heard of them before..
I guess it's us three now :tongue:

I don't know any guys personally that like them. :frown:

Demolition Lovers is awesome :biggrin:

Did you like The Black Parade? I've heard there are quite a few MCR fans who didn't like it :frown: it was the album that got me into MCR, I love it, I love all their albums :love:

Who else has this year's MCR calendar? I do :biggrin:
Well, TBP is definitely my least favourite album. I like itbut I just prefer the others. I only started listening to them when TBP came out but Three Cheers was my favourtie album for a long long time. But riht now, I'd actually have to say that Bullets is my favourite. :smile:

I don't have the calendar and TBH I wouldn't buy it either. It's just not my thing, I guess. I love my shirts though :love:.
I only have one shirt :frown:

I love my calendar :love:
snowyowl

Did you like The Black Parade? I've heard there are quite a few MCR fans who didn't like it :frown: it was the album that got me into MCR, I love it, I love all their albums :love:

It's not as good as the other two, but a few tracks on there are some of the best they've done. House of Wolves is :eek3:

Have either of you two seen them live much? It's a shame they don't seem to come to England too much...
I've seen them live twice. Once in April 07 in Hamburg and once in November 07 in London :love:.
I could still kick myself for not getting into them a few months earlier because they played at a rather small venue in Hamburg in November 06. :frown:And the thing is that I loved loved loved Helena when it was first out (the only song that of theirs that I saw on MTV etc in Germany at that time) but back then I just didn't think to check out other songs. :confused: Don't ask me why, I just wasn't into music as much as I am now. All those years that I missed...
spartakist
It's not as good as the other two, but a few tracks on there are some of the best they've done. House of Wolves is :eek3:

House Of Wolves is awesome :biggrin: Cancer is extremely powerful too, but I love all their albums equally. This Is How I Disappear is my favourite MCR song :love:
spartakist

Have either of you two seen them live much? It's a shame they don't seem to come to England too much...

I've never seen them live, by the time I got into MCR properly they were already on their break :frown: but I've promised myself that I'll go and see them as soon as they're back in the UK. :biggrin:
I have seen them live 3 times :biggrin: 1st time was on the first leg of their Black Parade tour in November 2006 (Gerard had the blonde hair going on), they played around 5 small venues in the UK, one of them being in my home town (Nottingham rock city) one of the best nights of my life seeing them so up close!! Then they came back to Nottingham again in March 07 but was the arena this time so was nowhere near as intimate, still awesome though! Then saw them at Download Festival in June 07 when they were headliners, I was right down at the front where the only MCR fans were congregating, from ten rows onwards everyone seemed to be MCR-haters and throwing bottles and stuff =/
I can't wait for their new album to come out, when they come to the UK again it is bound to be in a huge venue, so it makes me sad that I'll never see them again in a more intimate place :frown: I always change my mind on my favourite song, from Bullets it is undoubtedly Our Lady Of Sorrows, from Three Cheers it is The Jetset Life, and The Black Parade I think I would say Mama or House Of Wolves!!
snowyowl
I only have one shirt :frown:

I love my calendar :love:

Oh and I have that calendar too :biggrin: One of the best things in my room at uni haha!
Hello_Kitty

I can't wait for their new album to come out, when they come to the UK again it is bound to be in a huge venue, so it makes me sad that I'll never see them again in a more intimate place :frown:

I'm actually hoping that if they should come to Germany they won't play in a venua bigger than the one I saw that at. It's not exactly small but not an arena either. I'm almost hoping that there isn't much of a demand and they play in a smaller venue :tongue:.
Hello_Kitty
I have seen them live 3 times :biggrin: 1st time was on the first leg of their Black Parade tour in November 2006 (Gerard had the blonde hair going on), they played around 5 small venues in the UK, one of them being in my home town (Nottingham rock city) one of the best nights of my life seeing them so up close!! Then they came back to Nottingham again in March 07 but was the arena this time so was nowhere near as intimate, still awesome though! Then saw them at Download Festival in June 07 when they were headliners, I was right down at the front where the only MCR fans were congregating, from ten rows onwards everyone seemed to be MCR-haters and throwing bottles and stuff =/
I can't wait for their new album to come out, when they come to the UK again it is bound to be in a huge venue, so it makes me sad that I'll never see them again in a more intimate place :frown: I always change my mind on my favourite song, from Bullets it is undoubtedly Our Lady Of Sorrows, from Three Cheers it is The Jetset Life, and The Black Parade I think I would say Mama or House Of Wolves!!

Well Linkin Park released their live DVD from Milton Keynes, so I'm hoping that might attract other big bands here, like MCR :biggrin: of course I'll still go and see them, wherever they go in the UK :biggrin: it would just be awesome if they came to the Bowl!

I agree with you on Bullets, my favourite's either Our Lady Of Sorrows or Honey This Mirror :biggrin: To The End off Three Cheers, and This Is How I Disappear off TBP :biggrin:

I found out yesterday that the Jonas Brothers are also from New Jersey! I was horrified! How dare they! :mad:
The Green Day live album/DVD is also from Milton Keynes :smile:.
frederizia
The Green Day live album/DVD is also from Milton Keynes :smile:.

Even more hope that MCR will come here! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest