The Student Room Group

Ucl management vs Nottingham economics

So ucl has a new management degree programme and I'm intrigued by it as I wanted to go ucl for economics but won't probably get in even if i have the grades, so I was thinking of applying to economics at Nottingham instead, is the uni brand that important?? What would you pick?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slim Shady 96
So ucl has a new management degree programme and I'm intrigued by it as I wanted to go ucl for economics but won't probably get in even if i have the grades, so I was thinking of applying to economics at Nottingham instead, is the uni brand that important?? What would you pick?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would choose Nottingham. Partially because I don't want to live in London and partly because even though this program is at UCL, it's new and bound to have some kinks to work out. But you have to do what you think is best for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coffeetime
I would choose Nottingham. Partially because I don't want to live in London and partly because even though this program is at UCL, it's new and bound to have some kinks to work out. But you have to do what you think is best for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mind living in London, I was just wondering that because it's ucl I would have better chances because of its name and how the big 4 target ucl

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't mind living in London, I was just wondering that because it's ucl I would have better chances because of its name and how the big 4 target ucl

Posted from TSR Mobile

And that's a perfectly good point. Have you visited both?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And that's a perfectly good point. Have you visited both?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've visited none, I don't mind how they are as they both are good unis so doubt they will have anything that'll me me not wanna go there, I'm more bothered with how far they'll take me in terms of jobs etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've visited none, I don't mind how they are as they both are good unis so doubt they will have anything that'll me me not wanna go there, I'm more bothered with how far they'll take me in terms of jobs etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you also don't want to make the wrong choice and spend three years at a university you hate because you could potentially get a better job.
I'd pick Nottingham, it's a respected Uni and Econ is a respected discipline.
But you also don't want to make the wrong choice and spend three years at a university you hate because you could potentially get a better job.

I've seen a bit of them and have heard good things so yeah like location wise I would take ucl any day as I live closer to London than to Nottingham even though I plan on not living home and I would love to live in London but I'm just interested in that if I plan on going into investment banking or any other "competitive" role, which uni/course would give me a better chance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Economics > Management any day. You would be better off doing Economics at Kent than doing Management ANYWHERE.
Original post by Meat is Murder
Economics > Management any day. You would be better off doing Economics at Kent than doing Management ANYWHERE.

Haha but it's ucl and did you look at the modules?? I'm leaning towards economics at Nottingham too even though I would give anything to do economics at ucl

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending