The Student Room Group

Break Up Problems

Why would my ex girlfriend of 4 months after 2 weeks of her breaking up with me block me on Facebook during me not contacting her and not go out with her friends who are in the same friend group as me when I'm out. But she tells all her friends she is over me but surely these actions show she is not. She broke up with me because I was moving to uni and i think she thought i would find someone better than her but this has only been inferred. So confused i was never left with closure but I am beginning to move on slowly but surely. I think closure would come if i could be sure that she actually cared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Maybe she's trying to spare your feelings by avoiding you, my ex used to get upset if he even text me.

Or she could still have feelings for you, and broke up with you because she thought you wouldn't last at uni?

Either way, she is likely to still care about you, even if it's not enough to want to be with you.
Reply 2
If she wanted to spare my feelings she would have not acted like she didn't care about me. I honestly think she really still wants to be together but her pride is getting in the way because she doesn't want to get left behind when i go to uni. One of our mutual friends is having a birthday party this weekend and we will both be there, do i try and talk to her? I don't want to get back with her but i do need closure. And I will only ask her if she brings up the relationship otherwise i wont.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
I think she probably has feelings for you. Usually you need the initial 6-months or so to get over someone. So blocking you on facebook and losing contact is a way for her to speed this process up.

If I were you, I'd call it a day and move on with your life. Perhaps try to contact her again after a year or so, and you might find things work out, either as friends or partners.

Other than that, she could be bitter if you were the one that dumped her. If that's the case, she will get over it very quickly.
Reply 4
One if her friends says she really wants to be with me but she is self conscious and thinks I'll find better at uni. She wont speak or listen to me and I've tried a letter and everything but she will not listen. I am moving on but I'm thinking 'what if' and i really would like her to tell the truth and her real feelings. She will be drunk at the party in the weekend do i ask her a few questions then? The relationship ended without any arguments and its so weird not being able to talk to her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending