The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Private Halls - Law School

Hey folks,

Will be taking the BPTC course at Cardiff in September.

I'd like some peace and quiet especially since I've passed my whole freshers phase years ago.

Currently looking at Cambrian Point and Severn Point, both by Liberty Living.

Can't seem to decide so would appreciate comments on the atmosphere, facilities and most importantly, the distance from the Law School! :colondollar:
I'm interested in this too as I've applied to Liberty Cambrian Point. I've heard it's the quietest as I'm not interested in the freshers week either. I've posted a few threads asking about this and had no reply... It seems everyone's interested and desperate to get into the talybont party houses. I've even spent quite a bit of time googling liberty living to no avail... Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Rapunzel1988
I'm interested in this too as I've applied to Liberty Cambrian Point. I've heard it's the quietest as I'm not interested in the freshers week either. I've posted a few threads asking about this and had no reply... It seems everyone's interested and desperate to get into the talybont party houses. I've even spent quite a bit of time googling liberty living to no avail... Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Rapunzel, what will you be studying? Been googling images of the accommodations and Cambrian Point certainly looks nicer! The only annoyance is the rail tracks that divide Cambrian from Severn Point, especially since the latter area seems to have better amenities.
Hello, I will be studying Biomedical science. I chose Cambrian as my first and Column hall as my seconds. I didn't see that the severn point was an option on the application actually...Or maybe I forgot about it. Which one have you chosen as your first choice??
Original post by cerava
Hey folks,

Will be taking the BPTC course at Cardiff in September.

I'd like some peace and quiet especially since I've passed my whole freshers phase years ago.

Currently looking at Cambrian Point and Severn Point, both by Liberty Living.

Can't seem to decide so would appreciate comments on the atmosphere, facilities and most importantly, the distance from the Law School! :colondollar:

Hi, I havent lived in either of those accomodation blocks but I have walked past them both before. Cambrian point i would say is about a 15 minute walk to the law school, and Severn point i would say is about a 20 minute walk, so neither are too far :smile: Column hall that Rapunzel mentioned is right next to the law school it would only be like 5 minutes walk :smile:
Hope that helped in some way, you might find more information on google, or about the area using google maps (might get more accurate distances or alternative routes etc)

Edit: just thought i'd add the biomedicine building is about a 2 minute walk from the law building (the psychology building is inbetween the two) so the distance would be pretty much the same
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Rapunzel1988
Hello, I will be studying Biomedical science. I chose Cambrian as my first and Column hall as my seconds. I didn't see that the severn point was an option on the application actually...Or maybe I forgot about it. Which one have you chosen as your first choice??

I'm actually applying independently from Cardiff Uni. The only accommodation option the uni gives to BPTC students isTalybont South. As for reasons that you know, I'm trying to avoid that area. :P

Anyways, have you received confirmation of a place at Cambrian already?

Original post by racheyroo
Hi, I havent lived in either of those accomodation blocks but I have walked past them both before. Cambrian point i would say is about a 15 minute walk to the law school, and Severn point i would say is about a 20 minute walk, so neither are too far :smile: Column hall that Rapunzel mentioned is right next to the law school it would only be like 5 minutes walk :smile:
Hope that helped in some way, you might find more information on google, or about the area using google maps (might get more accurate distances or alternative routes etc)

Edit: just thought i'd add the biomedicine building is about a 2 minute walk from the law building (the psychology building is inbetween the two) so the distance would be pretty much the same

Hi rachey,

Thanks for your post, its really helpful to hear from someone who's actually there in person! :smile:

I actually thought Severn Point would be closer to the uni - since Severn point's separated by rail tracks - after a quick glance at Google Maps.

Are you a postgrad yourself?
Original post by cerava
I'm actually applying independently from Cardiff Uni. The only accommodation option the uni gives to BPTC students isTalybont South. As for reasons that you know, I'm trying to avoid that area. :P

Anyways, have you received confirmation of a place at Cambrian already?

Hi rachey,

Thanks for your post, its really helpful to hear from someone who's actually there in person! :smile:

I actually thought Severn Point would be closer to the uni - since Severn point's separated by rail tracks - after a quick glance at Google Maps.

Are you a postgrad yourself?

Hi,
Yeah google will probably be your best guide, i've been past them a few times but as i dont live in either of those i dont know a definite answer :L but both are walkable
I'm an undergrad just going into my second year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending