The Student Room Group

Is Being gay Bad in This Day and Age?

Poll

Being gay bad in this day and age?

How many of you would honestly say that it is bad? I don't mind if you do, you are entitled to think what you want :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

No honey, it is BAD very bad :jive:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by JuliusSeizure
No honey, it is BAD very bad :jive:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? :smile:
Bad in this day and age? What crap that is.

In the whole of history, this is the first time people are finally opening their eyes and realising that same sex couples deserve the same freedom and rights as heterosexual couples.

Gay or lesbian couples have not had rights and freedoms like they do today, in the whole of history.
Reply 4
Original post by A_Howells

In the whole of history, this is the first time people are finally opening their eyes and realising that same sex couples deserve the same freedom and rights as heterosexual couples.

Gay or lesbian couples have not had rights and freedoms like they do today, in the whole of history.

This is why I am saying that are people still thinking like this, when society is starting to change :biggrin:
Reply 5
It will always be bad just more accepted these days.
Original post by gandall
How many of you would honestly say that it is bad? I don't mind if you do, you are entitled to think what you want :biggrin:

I find it quite cromulent, actually. :holmes:
Original post by Mad Vlad
I find it quite cromulent, actually. :holmes:

A noble sexuality embiggens the smallest man
Original post by ApeMob
It will always be bad just more accepted these days.

Why is it bad?
The capitalisation in the title... it hurts...
I wouldnt say that it was good although it's probably the best it has been (legally) for many years. However just because something is legal doesn't mean that social acceptability is comparable to heterosexuality. I think there's still a long way to go.

The most victimised people in society I feel at the moment are the trans community.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Eveiebaby
I wouldnt say that it was good although it's probably the best it has been (legally) for many years. However just because something is legal doesn't mean that social acceptability is comparable to heterosexuality. I think there's still a long way to go.

The most victimised people in society I feel at the moment are the trans community.

In what way?
Original post by TheAnusFiles
In what way?

They are never accepted in identity for their transitioned gender.
The general public (it seems) tends to view a male to female transexual still as a male and vice versa.

It can cause *******s if they don't *pass* for a female/male, cause people to shout in the street which is probably pretty humiliating. And finding love, I can't even think about dating and relationships with cis people. Probably fraught with risk and hostility too.
Original post by Eveiebaby
They are never accepted in identity for their transitioned gender.
The general public (it seems) tends to view a male to female transexual still as a male and vice versa.

It can cause *******s if they don't *pass* for a female/male, cause people to shout in the street which is probably pretty humiliating. And finding love, I can't even think about dating and relationships with cis people. Probably fraught with risk and hostility too.

What would you think about a straight male who said they had nothing against transpeople but would only sleep with cis women
What do you mean by "bad"? Please use a different word

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by themorninglight
The capitalisation in the title... it hurts...

It is bad grammar :P
Reply 16
Original post by A_Howells

Yeah, homosexuality isn't bad, the fact that society has treated homosexuals like **** for centuries, if not millenia (cause there is evidence of homosexuality in ancient Rome I believe) is bad and its about time too we got rid of this ridiculous intolerance and hatred for a people with simply a different sexual preference to most others. And yet there are still hateful people who don't believe they deserve those rights. They're a dying breed though.
dont do the homosexuality it's haram

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheAnusFiles
What would you think about a straight male who said they had nothing against transpeople but would only sleep with cis women

Well it still isn't accepting trans women as women though isn't it if put bluntly. The whole point of them transitioning is that they ARE women, not this third in-between gender(although third gender also exists in a different capacity).
Tolerating isn't the same as accepting although of course it's better than being outwardly hostile and threatening them.

I guess it poses the question of covert discrimination. Does it still matter if you don't say anything but your actions speak for you?

Anyway - I'm not trans and I realise I'm being quite idealistic, but once you think about why people's preferences are the way they are, there's usually some prejudices underneath there.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's not bad at all, but some people see it as bad or unnatural. That's their problem not mine :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending