The Student Room Group

How long did it take for you to get over your ex?

Scroll to see replies

I was with my ex for a year and a half - we've been over for a month and a half and I'm still not over it - hard to when still being contacted by him though! Haha.

I have a friend who was with his ex for 3 and a half years, it's been 5 months and he's not over her yet - what your feeling is perfectly normal.
Original post by JulietheCat
I tried telling her that but she blindly took the highest paying job. :dontknow:

Maybe a teacher :smile:

You should become a rockstar tbh.

Teacher will be a waste of your talent.
My last (we were only together a month officially :laugh:) it took me about a day to get over him but I'd be jealous if he was with someone else, it's like I don't want you but no one else can. The ex before him I'm not over yet (another short term relationship) and we've been apart for around 4 months.
Original post by fat_hobbit
You should become a rockstar tbh.

Teacher will be a waste of your talent.

Well, I could be a relationship coach or a novel writer. :smile:
Well, I could be a relationship coach or a novel writer. :smile:

What type of novels? :smile:
Original post by fat_hobbit
What type of novels? :smile:

Drama, mainly :fan:
It took me over a year to get over my ex girlfriend and she wasn't a cheat. She just took a job in New York.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you a girl or what ?
Original post by Old_Simon
Are you a girl or what ?

Yeah, I'm a girl. :eyebrow:
Thank you :smile:

I'm not 100% lesbo - it's more 50-50 :redface:

+1 For being 50-50..
Took me a year for the first one.
And I'm on and off with the second ex, the feelings come and go (we broke up 17 months ago). Just can't wait till the feelings completely go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're finding it really hard moving on..can't rate talking to a counsellor or life coach. Friends and family can help if u need someone to talk to. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Do things you enjoy and maybe do something different which might help meet new people away from the reminders of the ex. Throw away any reminders too. Lose any connections and things that are reminding you of them.

For me it took me a little longer to get over my ex as we were together almost 7yrs and had mutual friends and complicated circumstances that made me think we could try again or be friends.

That being said I'm happier now and stronger as a person now that I've removed any contact and removed the toxic reminders and friendships that had a constant presence of the past and negativity to my moving on process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 31
Thankyou guys so much for all these posts. Really appreciate it x
Reply 32
Original post by Afghan Warrior
Took me a year for the first one.
And I'm on and off with the second ex, the feelings come and go (we broke up 17 months ago). Just can't wait till the feelings completely go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ouch thats a long time! Goodluck with it. The on/off is the worst I find
I was with my ex for five years, engaged to him etc. and it took me about two weeks to get over him when we finished, because I'd fallen out of love with him a long time before the relationship finally came to a close. Harsh, but true. Don't get me wrong, I still think of him sometimes - we had fond memories, shared friends, experiences and whatnot - but I don't miss the guy. :dontknow:
Took me roughly 6 months to get over a girl I was dating for a month lol ... But that was on top of some other **** that was going in my life at the time.

It would've lasted longer if I hasn't met my now GF, things are looking better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending