The Student Room Group

Saddest film scenes?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kenan and Kel
More emotional than sad. Chills every time.

I have the trilogy on boxset, needs a rewatch. Should have had the title as "scenes that evoke the most emotion out of you", having sad in the title does limit some powerful scenes.

Eden lake and The Chaser - these two have left me so ****ing angry it's unbelievable. Don;t watch the vid if you ever plan on watching the films, which you should as they're great, especially The Chaser which is one of my favourites. There's a scene referred to as the hammer scene that just left me so angry. Love it when a film can evoke any kind of strong emotion.

Spoiler

Original post by Al-farhan
He is going home:frown:

No idea how i forgot this one

Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
Any death scene accompanied by the Dead Space soundtrack...as the above demonstrates quite well.

You mean Dead Island surely

Probably the greatest game trailer ever

Original post by purple_panther
I love Meet Joe Black!! Shame it's not a very well known film. The last scene always makes me cry and that scene where he talks about his wife the one that you put up.

The funeral in My Girl is one of the saddest movie scenes ever. That little girl played it sooo well. Even my dad cried at this scene and he never cries (Seriously I've only seen him cry like twice in my life)

And of course Jack's death in Titanic and just the ship sinking in general. Watched that film too many times so I doesn't make me cry as much as it used to.

I thought it went on too long, some unnecessary scenes making it three hours long. But yeah, thought the music was important (and awesome), it makes the scenes 10 times more poignant and Hopkins nails it.

Similar with the Titanic with the music. I just love the fact that the end scene pans over the pictures of her exploring the world.

Original post by Manitude
The end of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.

Good shout.

Original post by itsRochana
Also the scene in The Book Thief where Liesel's parents die

tfw you're in the process of reading the book and see this. Admittedly I don;t think I'll ever get around to finishing it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
The bit in pursuit of happyness where they have to stay in the subway toilet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah!

IAN4 when Henri dies and John cries over him, very sad.
Original post by podrodow1
The scene in the green mile where John Coffey gets killed, right in the feels...

Original post by Yasmin25
As another post as has already said, John Coffey's execution. I've never cried so much at a movie before. Its also my all time favourite movie. [video="youtube;W-8i-bp7Pjs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-8i-bp7Pjs[/video]

I'd just come to post this as well. Such a sad scene.
Original post by Tom_green_day
No, it was written in general beforehand- he just created the syntax and word choices.

Actually it was the part of the speech that he says before the "tears in the rain" bit that was written in the script beforehand, he made up the "tears in the rain" part.

EDIT: Unless you mean it was written down beforehand by him, and so it wasn't really improvised.
(edited 9 years ago)
Guilty pleasure movie - Beaches, when Hilary dies and in the end scene when CC Bloom and Hilary's daughter are walking off together and you hear CC and Hilary in the background in their kid voices from years ago - "Be sure to keep in touch CC!, OK?!" Well sure, we're friends aren't we?" and then it cuts out to a pic of them as kids. Even the Wind Beneath My Wings song from the movie is sad too :frown:
Reply 25
Nerdy I know but the funeral pyre at the end of return of the Jedi :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deshi

I thought it went on too long, some unnecessary scenes making it three hours long. But yeah, thought the music was important (and awesome), it makes the scenes 10 times more poignant and Hopkins nails it.

Similar with the Titanic with the music. I just love the fact that the end scene pans over the pictures of her exploring the world.

I completely agree. A soundtrack can make or break a film.
The Champ... :cry2:

[video="youtube;SU7NGJw0kR8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU7NGJw0kR8[/video]
Brooks death in the Shawshank Redemption, when Alfred is crying over Bruce's grave in the Dark Knight Rises and the end of Remember Me. So many tears.
Reply 29
Original post by hollieeilloh
Brooks death in the Shawshank Redemption, when Alfred is crying over Bruce's grave in the Dark Knight Rises and the end of Remember Me. So many tears.

TDKR is a good one.

I've seen Remember Me, can only remember the 9/11 ending, thought it was a bit odd, too emotionally manipulative for me.
Original post by Deshi
TDKR is a good one.

I've seen Remember Me, can only remember the 9/11 ending, thought it was a bit odd, too emotionally manipulative for me.

It's just so unexpected, complete twist to the movie! I guess that's why I liked it though.
[video="youtube;y7JvL2ap3Cg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7JvL2ap3Cg[/video]

I'm not really a fan of disney, but this one hit me in the feels
The Green Mile:

When John dies.
The end of Brokeback Mountain and Boys Don't Cry have been the only films to make me cry, ha.
Reply 34
Ending scene of Saving Private Ryan. Goddamn the waterworks burst into action whenever I watch that.
Reply 35
when maximus dies in the gladiator :frown:
Reply 36
Original post by ELBOYZ
when maximus dies in the gladiator :frown:

Yea :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Chief Wiggum

Never actually watched this film, but I see it mentioned a lot

The funeral scnee at the end of Ladder 49 gets to me as well
Reply 39
Bridge To Terabithia.

When Jesse breaks down in tears having finally accepted Lesley's death.

Quick Reply

Latest