The Student Room Group

Girls, 6 months worth of clothes to wear?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by JodieH1996
I'm at least waiting till after results day!

Original post by Palewolfe
Oh no I have to have everything sorted before hand otherwise I just freak out x

*I just haven't got the patients right now to sort it out but yeah defo AFTer results day :P

Original post by SmallTownGirl
I think I'm getting a rail when I move into my new house because I have like two wardrobes worth of clothes.

Yeah go for it
I would like a rail but it will stay at Uni because i cannot bring it back.
I wasn't worried about what clothes to bring till I saw this thread :eek: I need to go clothes shopping!
Reply 42
By November, you'll all be rotating two pairs of jeans and filthy stash.
Wow. Never knew women had such a hard time with clothes and shoes.

There I was thinking if it's viable to live in jogging bottoms and onesies...
Whew, now I'm desperate to go shopping! Just wondering, then, what sort of clothing is appropriate for Hertfordshire area? If anyone knows, that would be awesome. I live in china right now, and have no idea what sort of clothing I can get by with....ob vs a winter coat towards the end of first term, but for fall can I get away with jeans and a sweater?
Reply 45
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I wasn't worried about what clothes to bring till I saw this thread :eek: I need to go clothes shopping!

Original post by blackpuma137
Whew, now I'm desperate to go shopping! Just wondering, then, what sort of clothing is appropriate for Hertfordshire area? If anyone knows, that would be awesome. I live in china right now, and have no idea what sort of clothing I can get by with....ob vs a winter coat towards the end of first term, but for fall can I get away with jeans and a sweater?

I feel like shopping to D:

If you mean hertfordshire in london
Winter n autumn are cold so as long you got a jacket it's fine

Summer tends to be scorching july/august
Original post by Alumna
I feel like shopping to D:

If you mean hertfordshire in london
Winter n autumn are cold so as long you got a jacket it's fine

Summer tends to be scorching july/august

Yup, Hertfordshire London! So even September/October I should be expecting to be lugging a jacket of some sort around?
Reply 47
Original post by blackpuma137
Yup, Hertfordshire London! So even September/October I should be expecting to be lugging a jacket of some sort around?

Definitely october gets Chilli.

September ranges, i know september becomes rainy then towards the end it gets so cold [2012/2013].
Sometimes early september is really hot and it only starts getting cold towards the end. [2011]
Reply 48
Here's what I'm planning to take, do you guys think it's too much ? I'm going to UCL so London weather!

4 pairs of jeans

2 pairs of trousers

20 blouses

5 Sweatshirts/jumpers

3 Cardigans

A winter coat

2 jackets

3 trainers (New Balance, Nike blazer, Converse)

2 pairs of ballet pumps

1 pair Rain boots

3 pairs of heels

Clubbing clothes

Flip flops for showers

3 hoodies

3 jogging bottoms

Job interview clothes

Gym clothes

Gym trainers

UCL clothes (Uni sweatshirts etc)

Fancy dress outfit

Too much ? just enough ? :smile: If it's too much what do you think I won't need ?
I've lost a lot of weight this year so I'm basically having to buy a whole new set of clothes for uni which is both fun and annoying.

3/4 dresses
3 pairs of jeans
4 jumpers/hoodies
7 tshirts/vests
1 Bomber jacket
1 winter coat
2 cardigans
Onesie
Fancy dress
1 tweed jacket
3 leggings
3 tights
Underwear
3 pair of shorts
2 gym outfits
1 smart/work interview clothes

Shoes
1 gym trainers
2 everyday trainers
1 pair of heels that go with all my dresses
1 DM's

That's all my clothes for the whole year
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by Nigella
Here's what I'm planning to take, do you guys think it's too much ? I'm going to UCL so London weather!

4 pairs of jeans

2 pairs of trousers

20 blouses

5 Sweatshirts/jumpers

3 Cardigans

A winter coat

2 jackets

3 trainers (New Balance, Nike blazer, Converse)

2 pairs of ballet pumps

1 pair Rain boots

3 pairs of heels

Clubbing clothes

Flip flops for showers

3 hoodies

3 jogging bottoms

Job interview clothes

Gym clothes

Gym trainers

UCL clothes (Uni sweatshirts etc)

Fancy dress outfit

Too much ? just enough ? :smile: If it's too much what do you think I won't need ?

Too much is not something you should ask us. You should know if you will actually wear any of it. Unless you just decided as statistics what you would like to take..

well then because your clothes are all specific it seems enough but cut 20blouses to 5 lol
Reply 51
Original post by kirsty-92
I've lost a lot of weight this year so I'm basically having to buy a whole new set of clothes for uni which is both fun and annoying.

3/4 dresses
3 pairs of jeans
4 jumpers/hoodies
7 tshirts/vests
1 Bomber jacket
1 winter coat
2 cardigans
Onesie
Fancy dress
1 tweed jacket
3 leggings
3 tights
Underwear
3 pair of shorts
2 gym outfits
1 smart/work interview clothes

Shoes
1 gym trainers
2 everyday trainers
1 pair of heels that go with all my dresses
1 DM's

That's all my clothes for the whole year

wow so little. But understandable because it is similar to me
Original post by Alumna
Okay it does look like a silly question, but when I move out I need to take clothes that im actually going to wear.

So girls. How much clothes do you wear/use in 3-6 months this includes shoes. Have you ever repeated an outfit etc. You will be great help to me. If I take my whole wardrobe I am going to need a huge suitcase.

Here's a tip of something I do that has helped me in the past. Go to your wardrobe and align all the hangers facing one way. When you wear something and go to put it back, put the hanger back the opposite way. That way you can actually see what clothes you wear regularly and which ones you don't. Take the clothes you wear often to uni. Simples :wink:
Reply 53
Original post by Pinkyluva08
Here's a tip of something I do that has helped me in the past. Go to your wardrobe and align all the hangers facing one way. When you wear something and go to put it back, put the hanger back the opposite way. That way you can actually see what clothes you wear regularly and which ones you don't. Take the clothes you wear often to uni. Simples :wink:

I wear al my clothes nice tip though
not going out much in the next month so i wont be able to test this out ha
Reply 54
I'm probably going to take the stuff I know I wear a lot, then take advantage of the student discounts and loan money :biggrin::biggrin:
In saying that, I'm only moving half an hour away from where I live now, so if I run out of clothes it's just a half hour bus drive to the mother's to get more haha (if my little sister doesn't pinch them all when I'm gone...) :rolleyes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alumna
I wear al my clothes nice tip though
not going out much in the next month so i wont be able to test this out ha

hahaa i'd advise to try and take some clothes you dont mind getting ruined, as well as your other clothes. Fancy dress to. Especially school uniform!
Reply 56
hahaa i'd advise to try and take some clothes you dont mind getting ruined, as well as your other clothes. Fancy dress to. Especially school uniform!

What's fancy dress about ? is it for freshers?
Original post by Alumna
What's fancy dress about ? is it for freshers?

Some freshers events will have a fancy dress element to them. Pirates,school disco, animals etc? Also some bar crawls and obvious events like Halloween it's cool to have a costume. I'm not sure about societies, but if you join any sports team, you will go out on socials where you will for sure have to wear some sort of fancy dress. Sometimes student union nights are cheap themed nights, that you'll most likely want to go to. it's nice around xmas time to :wink:
Reply 58
Some freshers events will have a fancy dress element to them. Pirates,school disco, animals etc? Also some bar crawls and obvious events like Halloween it's cool to have a costume. I'm not sure about societies, but if you join any sports team, you will go out on socials where you will for sure have to wear some sort of fancy dress. Sometimes student union nights are cheap themed nights, that you'll most likely want to go to. it's nice around xmas time to :wink:

OOh i would love to but Im scared i wont make friends and have anyone to go to these things with lmao!
Original post by Alumna
OOh i would love to but Im scared i wont make friends and have anyone to go to these things with lmao!

Trust me you'll make friends! If I advise you of anything it's this. DO NOT stay in your room by yourself all the time. As long as you are willing to talk to people you'll be okay :wink: Also in 1st year, this is the time you get to go out and do things. The work load is at it's lightest and you have the most spare time. So go out and do things and meet people! Join societies/clubs and meet people you have a common interest with. It makes the experience far better trust me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending