The Student Room Group

Girls, 6 months worth of clothes to wear?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Off topic but how many pairs of PJ's are you guys bringing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Technetium
I made the mistake of taking a lot of cothes. I didn't wear approximately 40% of them so during the Christmas holidays I had to take them home. I would advise you to organise your clothes into a series of outfits that you can rotate on a two/three week basis. For exampe, I have 20 outfits (I sometimes mix and match items from different outfits) and I probably repeat the outfits once every two/three weeks. Ensure you have clothing for the weekends, going out etc..

With regards to shoes I have one pair that comes in different colours and I own 5 pairs of that shoe. I also have a pair of boots for Winter, 1 pair of Converse, 1 pair running shoes and 3 pairs of heels. For me, those are sufficient for the entire academic year.

In terms of numbers of each clothing items I took:

Skirts: 10
Dresses: 5
Blazers and Jackets: 10
Blouses: 15
T-shirts: (mainly for lounging/ sleeping in): 6
Fitted shirts: 5
Pyjamas: 3 pairs
Vests: 10
Hoodies: 3
Shoes: 11 pairs

that's more than i own in total :frown: by a long way
Original post by Pomum96
that's more than i own in total :frown: by a long way

Don't worry, I was exactly the same! I acquired a large proportion of those items during the academic year.:smile:
Original post by corax
Off topic but how many pairs of PJ's are you guys bringing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have three pairs of PJs, but could easily cope with two :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alumna
Okay it does look like a silly question, but when I move out I need to take clothes that im actually going to wear.

So girls. How much clothes do you wear/use in 3-6 months this includes shoes. Have you ever repeated an outfit etc. You will be great help to me. If I take my whole wardrobe I am going to need a huge suitcase.

Do I ever repeat outfits? Yeah, every week...

I take 2 suitcases of clothes and about 4/5 pairs of shoes: trainers, climbing, every day and nice/going out shoes.

No one cares what you wear. Some people come to lectures in tracksuits and some in suits (seriously) :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending