The Student Room Group

all these sick nasty pieces of!!!

I feel so sick to hear of all these attacks in the news and i mean like the mrders in this country. A 4 year old got tied up and all these other murders. It is horrible, how can we protect ourselves, would we just need to drive and not walk out at night and just go to places that are secure wuth gates like a holiday village.

Just go out with loads of people is the best way i think.

i cant believe how many evil people are out there.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Having watched the news every other day for years I'm kind of immune to that sort of report now. And wars. And poverty. And unhappy old people.

Makes me wonder why I watch it anymore, I have to say.
Reply 2
Yeah it also doesnt help having the news people sticking the biggest picture of murderers on the screen. I mean you have a report on a good person winning sopmething and its general videos of them at normal size but get a murderer and they fill the whole screen upo with their face.

I watch the news for news on whats going on in the world but not to see a pic of a murderer before i go to bed.
So what, we should fill the news full of rollerskating parrots and kids learning the alphabet backwards and to hell with the real, important news, let the whole country decline into ignorance? Good idea.
Reply 4
They are going to show the worst of the worst and the best of the best on the news otherwise it wouldn't be worth watching. Would you want to hear about "bill went to work today, it was quite busy"?
It doesn't mean that every passing person is an axe murderer who plans on stalking you, killing you and then dumping your body in a local river. I'm not saying you shouldn't be careful.
Reply 5
generalebriety
So what, we should fill the news full of rollerskating parrots and kids learning the alphabet backwards and to hell with the real, important news, let the whole country decline into ignorance? Good idea.

WTF are you talking about you ignorant person, i didnt say block the news i just said no enlarged pictures of nasty murderers DUH. Like i said i watch the news but i just think they should warn before showing the pics or at least make them normal size.

Do you know how horrible it is to have that as the last face i see before i go to bed i mean i could look at other faces on tv but they are tiny pics.
Reply 6
planes12
Yeah it also doesnt help having the news people sticking the biggest picture of murderers on the screen. I mean you have a report on a good person winning sopmething and its general videos of them at normal size but get a murderer and they fill the whole screen upo with their face..

generalebriety

:hmmm: So change is understood? The news shouldn't focus on just the bad. They shouldn't just skip the important news either. :y: Just because someone dies horrifically does not justify the media to use it just to get an audience. They do not give the victim any dignity, they don't let anyone have their dignity. All that needs to be done is for the reporter tell the story and a few pictures of the scene, but no! They need to show the whole bloody mess. It is good to know what is going on, but do we really need to expand on it? Make it more than necesary? Its not being ignorant! It's being respectfull! Show the news and thats all. Show what will actually change the life style of people. We don't need anything extra...but people do ask for it. :motz:

In order to proctect yurself, realize one truth...it's yur world. why let someone else screw it up. Do what yu need to do by any means necesary!:ts:
It is ridiculous out there! :motz: Protect yurself! :ts: :ts:
planes12
(insult insult insult insult insult), i didnt say block the news i just said no enlarged pictures of nasty murderers (shouty insult).

Right. Maybe I want to see an enlarged picture of a murderer and if you don't I suggest you buy a smaller TV.

planes12
Like i said i watch the news but i just think they should warn before showing the pics or at least make them normal size.

Don't watch it then. You know it's coming. Some people (e.g. me) want to know what's happened without the euphemistic crap.

planes12
Do you know how horrible it is to have that as the last face i see before i go to bed i mean i could look at other faces on tv but they are tiny pics.

As above.

Farrdango
So change is understood? The news shouldn't focus on just the bad. They shouldn't just skip the important news either. Just because someone dies horrifically does not justify the media to use it just to get an audience. They do not give the victim any dignity, they don't let anyone have their dignity. All that needs to be done is for the reporter tell the story and a few pictures of the scene, but no! They need to show the whole bloody mess. It is good to know what is going on, but do we really need to expand on it? Make it more than necesary? Its not being ignorant!

As above.

Farrdango
It's being respectfull! Show the news and thats all. Show what will actually change the life style of people. We don't need anything extra...

You don't.

Farrdango
but people do ask for it.

So go ahead and deny them it because you can't be arsed to turn the TV off. Sensible. :rolleyes:

Farrdango
In order to proctect yurself, realize one truth...it's yur world. why let someone else screw it up. Do what yu need to do by any means necesary!

"It's my world, I'm protected," thought *insert random name here* on the morning of September 11th. My arse, we need to make people aware of what's going on.

Farrdango
It is ridiculous out there! Protect yurself!

...from all the nasty images on the news? How ridiculous.
Reply 8
How old are you planes12?
planes12
WTF are you talking about you ignorant person, i didnt say block the news i just said no enlarged pictures of nasty murderers DUH. Like i said i watch the news but i just think they should warn before showing the pics or at least make them normal size.

How old are you? I'm sure there are some kind of age restrictions on who can use online forums...

If the news showed you huge videos of the murders taking place, I could understand you being disturbed. But you feel worried by the news showing pictures of murderers' faces? The murder and the person's face are entirely separate things, so I don't see how you could feel disturbed by the face.
Reply 10
planes12
I feel so sick to hear of all these attacks in the news and i mean like the mrders in this country. A 4 year old got tied up and all these other murders. It is horrible, how can we protect ourselves, would we just need to drive and not walk out at night and just go to places that are secure wuth gates like a holiday village.

Just go out with loads of people is the best way i think.

i cant believe how many evil people are out there.

Welcome to the world mate. Although it isn't as bad as you make out. It's unlikely you're going to get attacked by a walk down to the supermarket.
Reply 11
Chumbaniya
How old are you? I'm sure there are some kind of age restrictions on who can use online forums...

If the news showed you huge videos of the murders taking place, I could understand you being disturbed. But you feel worried by the news showing pictures of murderers' faces? The murder and the person's face are entirely separate things, so I don't see how you could feel disturbed by the face.

Why do you, as an annoying person imo, feel the need to create more arguments amongst people?
Reply 12
:hmmm:
generalebriety
Right. Maybe I want to see an enlarged picture of a murderer and if you don't I suggest you buy a smaller TV.!Some people (e.g. me) want to know what's happened without the euphemistic crap.

:y:If yu want to see something like that, look on the internet! There is a difference between seeing what happened and
the crave for violence.

Chumbaniya
The murder and the person's face are entirely separate things, so I don't see how you could feel disturbed by the face.

They are not different things...Look into the eyes of a dead man and yu can see the murder take place. The struggle is in the person's face. The lifelessness in the face...just looking at the face will and should disturb, should make yu uneasy. There are only few people that are not effected by the sight of death. The ones who see it often, and those who don't see it and don't understand.

generalebriety
"It's my world, I'm protected," thought *insert random name here* on the morning of September 11th. My arse, we need to make people aware of what's going on.

Yeah, yur life could be taken from yu at any moment...still doesn't mean yu just not do anything about it. Yu fight back with all yu have and keep faith in God. Yu misunderstood what I meant by "it's yur world." yur not in a bloody bubble safe from everything and anything. yu can't just crall in a ball and let things happen thinking theres nothing to do. Yu can't just let someone else ruin yur time on earth. Bad things will happen. yu won't know what will happen next. But realizing yur world will alow yu to LIVE LIFE. Actknowledge what can not be changed and react in a propper manner. To not give up and crall in that ball, but to rise above any and all pains!!Yu should also realize the other worlds...other lives that yu can not "control". To respect and love thy neighbor.

Farrdango
It is ridiculous out there! Protect yurself!

generalebriety
...from all the nasty images on the news? How ridiculous.

oKAY...at this point, im talking about the original question and/or statment.
People should be aware of what is going on. But that doesn't mean that the news should look for ratings and add content to the facts just to make people emotional and wanting more. Thats what movies and Tv shows do.

:congrats:
Farrdango
:hmmm:
:y:If yu want to see something like that, look on the internet! There is a difference between seeing what happened and
the crave for violence.
I don't crave violence, I just want to see what happened, whereas you want it to be sugar-coated.

Farrdango
Yeah, yur life could be taken from yu at any moment...still doesn't mean yu just not do anything about it. Yu fight back with all yu have and keep faith in God. Yu misunderstood what I meant by "it's yur world." yur not in a bloody bubble safe from everything and anything. yu can't just crall in a ball and let things happen thinking theres nothing to do. Yu can't just let someone else ruin yur time on earth. Bad things will happen. yu won't know what will happen next. But realizing yur world will alow yu to LIVE LIFE. Actknowledge what can not be changed and react in a propper manner. To not give up and crall in that ball, but to rise above any and all pains!!Yu should also realize the other worlds...other lives that yu can not "control". To respect and love thy neighbor.

Why? The people who killed people on September 11th didn't respect or love their neighbours. Besides, how does that have anything to do with your argument that we're sick for watching the news? :confused:

And, seriously, stop saying 'yu', it's really pissing me off. 'You' is fine, 'u' is fine, but 'yu' just makes you look like an idiot.
Farrdango
People should be aware of what is going on. But that doesn't mean that the news should look for ratings and add content to the facts just to make people emotional and wanting more. Thats what movies and Tv shows do.

And nothing you have said convinces me that they shouldn't do so.
Reply 15
generalebriety
I don't crave violence, I just want to see what happened, whereas you want it to be sugar-coated.

Sugar-coated? Yu can't sugar-coat violence. what are yu talking about!?!
"with other newz...a man was slained today, but it's okay. The lolly pop queen took care of us all along with that guy behind 7-11 that handed out his stock of weed." Yu can not sugar-coat violence... but yu can show too much. which creates a cycle and makes society worse than what it really is. Besides, if yu just want to see what happened, why do yu need to see the bloody face of a murder victim! why do yu need to see the graghic images?

generalebriety
Why? The people who killed people on September 11th didn't respect or love their neighbours. Besides, how does that have anything to do with your argument that we're sick for watching the news?
:confused:
Those "people" (as yu say...i say terrorists since they were!) are probably in hell!! so what does it matter if they didn't respect and love their nieghbor! Doing so just means that yu don't really need to worry about pissing off anyone and getting shot!! Not only that, but yur bloody suppose to do it no matter what anyone else does! If someone screws up their own lifes...let them. If they come after yu...do what can be done

generalebriety
And, seriously, stop saying 'yu', it's really pissing me off. 'You' is fine, 'u' is fine, but 'yu' just makes you look like an idiot.

NNooo...yur just a dick!! so what if I wright 'Y' 'U'. like it really effects yu! Besides...what r YU going to do about it? what can YU do about it?
NNooo...yur just a dick!! so what if I wright 'Y' 'U'. like it really effects yu! Besides...what r YU going to do about it? what can YU do about it?

:banghead:
Farrdango
Sugar-coated? Yu can't sugar-coat violence. what are yu talking about!?!
"with other newz...a man was slained today, but it's okay. The lolly pop queen took care of us all along with that guy behind 7-11 that handed out his stock of weed." Yu can not sugar-coat violence... but yu can show too much. which creates a cycle and makes society worse than what it really is. Besides, if yu just want to see what happened, why do yu need to see the bloody face of a murder victim! why do yu need to see the graghic images?

No, you can watch too much. Maybe I'm just thicker skinned than you. This is all opinion, so stop telling me you're right and I'm wrong. If you don't want to watch it you have the right not to. Equally if I want to watch it I have the right to. Why do you have to censor everything?

Farrdango
:confused:
Those "people" (as yu say...i say terrorists since they were!) are probably in hell!! so what does it matter if they didn't respect and love their nieghbor! Doing so just means that yu don't really need to worry about pissing off anyone and getting shot!! Not only that, but yur bloody suppose to do it no matter what anyone else does! If someone screws up their own lifes...let them. If they come after yu...do what can be done

Right, well, I don't believe in hell. I say people since they were also people. Respecting and loving your neighbour is not just a nice easy ticket to not getting shot (and if it is, how was it justified for people to die in those towers? Did they not love/respect people enough?). These people didn't screw up their own lives, they had that done for them, and we have no idea if they deserved it or not, but on that scale I'd guess not.

Farrdango

No, I'm not a dick, I'm someone who doesn't want to be spoken rubbish at. Either speak English or I'll ignore you. Besides, it's in the forum rules.
mipmapped

Hey, give me a go on that wall.
Reply 19
mipmapped

:ditto:

Latest

Trending

Trending