The Student Room Group

Am I really ugly?

I told my friend about the guy I like and she decided to message him and ask him (which I was fine with) and he said no because I wasn’t above a 7/10 and I was more of a 3. I asked my friend and she said that I was an 8 and I was definitely not ugly, I also asked another friend of mine who also said I was an 8. I told them to tell me the truth and they said they were. Why did he say that then?
He’s a d!ck??
because she put him in a position where his opinion would matter a lot (i.e to you) and he took advantage of that cos he's probs a prick
Reply 3
Don’t get hung up about what nasty people say. Nor indeed treat others disrespectfully like this
Reply 4
Forget about him, he sounds like a ****. One day you will meet a man who thinks you're the most beautiful woman he's ever met. Don't worry about him.
Reply 5
It hurt me so much, there’s nothing else I can think about
It hurts the most that I can’t even cry anymore. I want to cry but no tears are coming and inside it feels like I’m hollow. It feels so complicated, like I’m empty but I’m burning and breaking at the same time.
It feels like a piece of me is missing and I'm not being all cliche and everything but it’s just hurting
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #1
It hurt me so much, there’s nothing else I can think about
It hurts the most that I can’t even cry anymore. I want to cry but no tears are coming and inside it feels like I’m hollow. It feels so complicated, like I’m empty but I’m burning and breaking at the same time.
It feels like a piece of me is missing and I'm not being all cliche and everything but it’s just hurting

This is one man out of 3 billion's opinion. By all means process how you feel and feel that ****, but don't let it define you.
idk post a pic
i wouldn't bother so much because beauty is relative... just because someone thinks you are ugly does not mean you are ugly, and vice versa..
so many guys online will insist super hot hollywood actresses are like only a 6 or 7. some guys just enjoy having the power to put women down. it's literally the only reason that whole out of 10 rating system exists - so men can feel like they're in control of the dating scenario and mechanism of sexual selection, when really women are the ones who get to accept or reject
Because you have shown you have low self-esteem and opened yourself up to this type of ridicule. You should never have sent your friend to ask him anything, it makes guys think you are desperate. I know this is old-fashioned but it is the cold truth. Please stop thinking about yourself as a 'number'. What this guy thinks doesn't matter, his opinion about you doesn't matter and the fact he is rating you by nothing more than looks says more about his own poor state of mind than how you look. Please stop asking people what they think your 'rating' is and have more self esteem. Look at yourself in the mirror and complement yourself. Is there some quality you would like to have? - Work on it. there are so many self help videos on youtube - how to carry yourself, how to speak confidently etc. Invest in yourself e.g training, dancing whatever it is you like and you will start to have more confidence in yourself, when others see this they will start to respect you more and you will start to attract the right kind of guys and not this loser you are currently fixated on. So sorry this has happened to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending