Computing AS - A

I got fairly **** UMS.
C1 - 87
C2 - 90
C3 - 83
C4 - 81
M1 - 100 ( :eek: )
M2 - 84
S1 - 79 (pretty shocked about this, I thought I'd done well in S1...)

Comp1 - 99
Comp2 - 63
So that was ****ing awful...

Physics ISA - 34 (to be expected... fml)
Physics 1 - 112
Physics 2 - 108

Not exactly amazing, but at least I got As - though I think applying to Oxford or Imperial is a pretty retarded idea right now
Reply 2441
Original post by Ruxy
You could depends what course .... Depends what you're going to drop... If you drop chemistry you have all the chances to get ABB :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But i need chemistry to go into anything medical like optometry which is what i want to do...
im only dropping art :frown:
The thread title is living in the past. :frown:
Right. I got in my AS exams:

Maths (edexcel) B
Chem (ocr) C
Economics (ocr) C
Bio (ocr) C

I was only 3 ums off an A in maths.
I've got an Econ tutor now & he thinks an A is entirely doable with resiting AS exams. Nobody in my class got above a C in economics because my teacher was AWFUL. We barely knew any exam technique or understood much theory. Even self teaching was next to impossible.

Do you think ive got a chance of getting AAB/ABB offers for Maths with Economics or Financial maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh, the student room only provides a biased opinion. Generally, most of the people that post on TSR are really intelligent & do well. Those that don't do well are often reluctant to publicise their results due to embarrassment. So people, if you've done bad, don't feel disheartened by seeing everyone's great grades on TSR. You're definitely not the only one across the world.

P.S. I got AABC. (AS) Could've done better but grateful nevertheless.
Anybody taking edexcel psychology? Please post you grade for unit 1 and 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sb123321
Anybody taking edexcel psychology? Please post you grade for unit 1 and 2

I am ^^ Got an A overall, but in terms of unit grades;

Unit 1 - B (56/80 UMS)
Unit 2 - A (114/120 UMS)

Probably would have done better in Unit 1 if I didn't have a panic aha, but very pleased to say the least; especially since I was the only person in my year to get an A in psychology :tongue:
Original post by rebeccafrances
Did anyone do the AQA EngLitB1 exam (Aspects of Narrative)??

I was on track to get an A, but NEVER became complacent, worked really hard for it, found the paper alright and I've come out with a D in the exam! :frown: I got a B overall (thank goodness for coursework), but I'm still pretty gutted. I'm not the only one in my sixth form to be in this situation (high-potential students not even scraping marks that represent their ability) and the English dept. are sending off about 10 to be remarked.

Is anyone else in this situation? We were so well prepared for it, so there's nothing wrong with the teaching (quite a lot of students still did very well). Or is it likely that I did something completely out of character in the exam and just screwed it up for myself somehow..?

Edit: don't mean to be super negative though!! Really happy with my other 3As (French, History and EngLang). Especially happy with French (100%UMS in the exam and dropped 1 mark in the oral!) as it's what I want to study at Uni!

I did this exam!! Was getting low As or high Bs throughout the year in all mock exams, thought the exam went really well... Came out with a C in the exam, B overall thanks to an A in coursework.
My best friend was getting full marks in everything in class, came out with a D in the exam, C overall.

Most people got Ds and Es from our class, only heard of one person who got an A, and that was my other best friend who self taught it near enough!
Original post by Naureena
Did anyone do WJEC History by any chance? It was the only exam that I thought I had nailed but clearly not! B overall but B in HY1 (1 mark off an A) and B in HY2! Lots of people who were predicted A's also got B's! I don't know whether it's worth getting it remarked due to the fact that lots of people in my class have had the same happen to them!

Also congratulations to everyone!

Ihad AABB which was a huge shock! A's in Sociology and Psychology, B's in Biology and History! Despise Biology and didn't understand it one bit but managed to pass it haha!

Sorry i'm a bit late replying, but I also did HY1, and, like you, thought i had nailed it! Out of all my exams, i really thought that one would be an A. Turns out i was 2 raw marks off an A and was really disappointed, so my grade was B overall! :frown: I don't know what else i could have done. I have requested for a remark on both (i was 1 raw mark off an A in HY2). I really don't want to have to resit exams that i put everything into first time around! Have you decided if you are getting yours remarked yet? If you don't mind, let me know how it goes! :smile:
AQA Biology A
AQA Psychology A
AQA Sociology A
Edexcel Chemistry C (D on the second exam brought it down:'( )
GS B

I've already dropped chemistry but Im having second thoughts. Could I apply to uni courses that want AAA-ABB with AAC? :s-smilie:
Just got my remark back from biol2 aqa paper and it went up 4 marks so my overall grade went from a B to an A so I now have

Economics A
Geography A
Biology A
Maths D
Original post by MrChemKid
What exam boards? And what did you use the most to revise?

All OCR, physics and chemistry A.

Just used CGP revision guides :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest