The Student Room Group

Do I need my letter from Student Finance to take to Uni?

I got the letter from Student finance months ago telling me my loan amount, but I have lost it somewhere and I can't remember where I put it.

However, the other day I received the letter from the student loans company with the amount on it, is that okay to take to Uni or do I need the letter from student finance?
Original post by nohaynada
I got the letter from Student finance months ago telling me my loan amount, but I have lost it somewhere and I can't remember where I put it.

However, the other day I received the letter from the student loans company with the amount on it, is that okay to take to Uni or do I need the letter from student finance?

I think that's fine. :smile:
log into your account and see if it's possible to print another off? You may need to know the payment dates, if they are on the latest letter it should be fine.
Original post by nohaynada

They don't always ask for it as the university normally confirms your attendance electronically but it's better to be on the safe side and take it with you. You can either print off yourself or failing that, ring up SFE and explain :smile:
Reply 4
Well today I just got sent another even though I still have the original one they sent me. Again you can just print it off from the website.
Reply 5
Original post by Motorbiker
I think that's fine. :smile:

Original post by parentlurker
log into your account and see if it's possible to print another off? You may need to know the payment dates, if they are on the latest letter it should be fine.

Original post by simplylldxo
They don't always ask for it as the university normally confirms your attendance electronically but it's better to be on the safe side and take it with you. You can either print off yourself or failing that, ring up SFE and explain :smile:

Original post by Tedster
Well today I just got sent another even though I still have the original one they sent me. Again you can just print it off from the website.

Do I need to take a letter from student finance with me to university?
Original post by David B
Do I need to take a letter from student finance with me to university?

It's advisable you do... The one that says 'take it to your college/university' I know universities do confirm that you've enrolled electronically but anything could happen!
Reply 7
Original post by simplylldxo
It's advisable you do... The one that says 'take it to your college/university' I know universities do confirm that you've enrolled electronically but anything could happen!

You know what? I vaguely remember a letter saying that. :eek: What other documents should I take?
Original post by David B
You know what? I vaguely remember a letter saying that. :eek: What other documents should I take?

Nothing :smile: just yourself, a pen and paper!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending