The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Freshman Student Looking for Answers :)

I'm an international student, and I got unconditional offer for the foundation prog. in Electrical and Electronic engineering. But I didn't get the CAS number yet.

Does anyone know what shall i do next !?

Are there any student portal?

how can I access my courses?

* I would like to know where I am taking my courses, so I can start looking for accommodations.

Which is better, renting an apartment with 1 bedroom from agents or 1 bedroom apartment from private halls? I am looking for a modern, comfortable apartment.

I like to stay on campus all day, but while looking for food restaurants I couldn't find that much! So what you guys do seriously?

I like to workout and lift weights, so there any sport center? I found one but it in the website it doesn't seem that it has a place for weights lifting :s-smilie::frown:.

Thaaaanks all in advance :biggrin::smile:
You should start receiving information from the university in the coming weeks. A-Level students don't receive their results until next Thursday, which is usually when universities start sending information out. You should receive instructions on how to sign up for an IT account and how to register on your course. I would guess this is when you'd receive your CAS number as well but I don't know how things work for international students so don't take my word for it. If you want to know for sure, it would be best to contact the university directly.

EEE is based on the Sackville Street campus which is just south of Manchester city centre (near Piccadilly train station) and a few miles north of the main Oxford Road campus. The university's planning to eventually move all of the engineering schools down to the main campus but initially, at least, you'll definitely be based in the Sackville Street Building.

As far as I'm aware, you don't really get 1 bedroom apartments in student accommodation. Renting somewhere by yourself is so expensive that it's not even worth considering for the vast majority of students. It's standard practice to live in university halls during first year, that way you're with other students and can get to know the area better before potentially moving into private accommodation in second year. You can search for university-owned halls here: http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/

There are a number of sports facilities nearby, you can find information on them here: http://www.sport.manchester.ac.uk/
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending