The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Which train station is closest to Glasgow Royal Infirmary?
Original post by brbwafflesyay

Bucchanan Street is a 20 minute walk away
Reply 383
Original post by ccasey1995
Apparently Glasgow are in the process of giving out more interviews within the next few days. I don't know how many though. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you call and that's what they said? There's still hope...fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 384
Original post by zheyuan
Got mine quite sometime ago about 3 weeks ago ?
A*AAB
675 ukcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Singaporean applicant here as well. Still have not received an interview :/ Do you think there's still a chance? Also may I ask why you have an A*? I thought GCEs are maximum A for SG? Thanks!
Original post by blueyi
Hi Singaporean applicant here as well. Still have not received an interview :/ Do you think there's still a chance? Also may I ask why you have an A*? I thought GCEs are maximum A for SG? Thanks!

same here, me neither!
Original post by nnall
Did you call and that's what they said? There's still hope...fingers crossed :smile:

Someone I know rang yeah!

Anybody heard anything this week? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 387
Anyone any ideas when they might start giving out offers/rejections this year? Think it was end of feb last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 388
Original post by Doc2be
Anyone any ideas when they might start giving out offers/rejections this year? Think it was end of feb last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first offers were given out on the 24th of Feb last year.They were then gradually given out until mid/late March.It might be later this year if there is still interviews to take place but all offers are given before the end of March.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what the cut off was this year? was it the national average?
Reply 390
Original post by Lpo
The first offers were given out on the 24th of Feb last year.They were then gradually given out until mid/late March.It might be later this year if there is still interviews to take place but all offers are given before the end of March.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was thinking that. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 391
The fact I am actually starting medicine,hopefully with some of you guys in September just got real today with delivery of my PVG forms and other stuff from Glasgow!!!😄Can't wait to get started!
P.S.I am a deferred entry student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 392
Original post by Lpo
The fact I am actually starting medicine,hopefully with some of you guys in September just got real today with delivery of my PVG forms and other stuff from Glasgow!!!😄Can't wait to get started!
P.S.I am a deferred entry student.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! I've applied this year for deferred entry! Dying to find out whether I have an offer or not - love Glasgow and the uni/curriculum sounds like it would suit me very well. I wish you all the best with your medical studies and enjoy your free time now while you can :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joanne9495
Does anyone know what the cut off was this year? was it the national average?

Definitely was above the national average as I got 2590 and national average was 2505.. haven't been offered an interview for Glasgow so I'm assuming that the UKCAT cut-off point was higher than my score :frown:
Original post by meddyg_dyfodol
Definitely was above the national average as I got 2590 and national average was 2505.. haven't been offered an interview for Glasgow so I'm assuming that the UKCAT cut-off point was higher than my score :frown:

I got 2620 and have achieved alevel grades AAAb and got 4A* 6A and a B at GCSE and didn't even get an offer :frown: so the UKCAT must have been even higher than that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 395
I'm the same as you guys ^^ (sorry would quote you but I'm clueless as to how to work this on mobile haha)

Got ukcat 2620 which I think was above national average this year and have had 2 interviews but heard nothing from glasgow so I'm thinking they must have had more applicants and a higher cut off! This whole process is so uncertain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by krd1803
I'm the same as you guys ^^ (sorry would quote you but I'm clueless as to how to work this on mobile haha)

Got ukcat 2620 which I think was above national average this year and have had 2 interviews but heard nothing from glasgow so I'm thinking they must have had more applicants and a higher cut off! This whole process is so uncertain

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know people who got the same UKCAT score as us and got an interview for Glasgow! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
Ohhh! I wonder what else they are using to choose between people :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the personal statement is playing a big part this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm really beginning to doubt that there's going to be any January interviews given out :frown: I do know a girl who is in 3rd year Medicine at Glasgow now who got a January interview after everyone had their december interviews, but according to her she got an email just after the christmas holidays so it's seeming a bit late now, has anyone actually had confirmation that they were planning on giving out more interviews? I'm beginning to think it's all hearsay tbh..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending