The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Just a question, do glasgow favour scottish applicants more than uk applicants. There are like 150 places for Scottish people and only 50 for like the rest of the uk ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 581
Original post by Nerd44
Just a question, do glasgow favour scottish applicants more than uk applicants. There are like 150 places for Scottish people and only 50 for like the rest of the uk ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not very sure. But, looks like it so far!
Original post by mag35
Not very sure. But, looks like it so far!

they do give proportionally more interviews and offers to scottish applicants...more so with interviews though...given the relative percentage that scottish applicants make up of the total.
Think there's also a quota of places which have to be given to scottish applicants which is set by the government here :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am RUK but think it's great that they do that :smile: wish English ones did that lol
Also does anyone know roughly how many RUK are interviewed? Like what are our chances interview: ratio :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is all Scottish students so far then? My heart jump every time there's a new post :frown:
Original post by Nerd44

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course, all of the scottish universities do. For every course the scottish universities have separate places for Scottish students, Rest of UK students, and then overseas students. It's all to do with funding, obviously the scottish government want to pretty much guarantee that every scottish student who wants an education can get one for free, so they have to give more places to scottish applicants - it will be the same in England with English applicants I'm sure.

Best of luck anyway :smile:
To be honest they should really be clear about this from the start as I get the impression that a lot of RUK students regret applying to scottish universities because of this.
Got a conditional offer of AB at advanced higher on Friday. Totally unexpected!! Scottish school leaver, AAAABB at higher, AAA predicted at AH, UKCAT 690.

Good luck everyone
Congratulations :smile: how do you feel your interview went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ktloveee
Congratulations :smile: how do you feel your interview went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I honestly thought I really mucked up one of the interviews. When I got home and read up I realised that I had given a totally inaccurate answer. It just goes to show it is really difficult to know what they are looking for.
Reply 591
Original post by Dr Harvey
I honestly thought I really mucked up one of the interviews. When I got home and read up I realised that I had given a totally inaccurate answer. It just goes to show it is really difficult to know what they are looking for.

Well done for your offer! Starting to feel like they've given out all of their scottish offers..uh oh. Haha
Original post by Dr Harvey

I agree, I came out of the interview feeling awful about my answers and that they were mostly wrong but somehow managed to get an offer!

So don't worry if you feel like yours was terrible... They could be looking for anything.

Good luck to everyone!
That is great to know haha! Well done though! :smile: bet you feel so relieved

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys I've had a scroll through last years thread and Scottish and EU offers were handed out initially (in February) with more coming each day. RUK didn't come out until late March. But sure who knows what will happen! Good luck to all! Ps. The offers last year were updated on track each night at 7.00pm each for RUK offers which were 5.30am... Strange lol! Almost 7pm now good luck!
Reply 596
Original post by Ktloveee

No the admin staff won't be working weekends so no offers will be released

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 597
I got a conditional on Friday night for a 2.1 in my biomed degree, and I'd say the same about my interview not feeling amazing at the time! Congrats to all with offers and good luck to those waiting!!
Congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder if Glasgow will be giving any more out tonight :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending