The Student Room Group

Hamas militants caught firing rockets next to a hotel where journalists were staying

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ridwan12
Isreal offered the status quo which is bad for gaza.

You mean bad for Hamas. Why should Hamas profit from their terrorist actions? And if they are truly only seeking the lifting of the blockade, why are they opposed to demilitarising? The blockade has only been in effect since 2008. Palestinians are perfectly free to act in a way that will take them back to what they had before.

If you support it you support poverty and a war crime.

Don't lecture me on this. If you support Hamas you support an Islamo-fascist dictatorship that murders people without trial and kills gay men for their sexuality. You want to play that game?

Israel has no support on this matter.

Israel has the support of the most powerful country in the world, the most important of the Western democracies, and in fact most of the democracies full-stop.

Causing pain to palestinians by attacks and induced poverty is inhumane

Poverty, is it? When there are 5-star hotels in the Gaza Strip making wedding cakes so big they have to be cut with a crane? That's real poverty and starvation is it? Mate, you clearly don't have a clue what poverty is. Compare the Gaza Strip to most countries in SubSaharan Africa, and they are well off by comparison
Original post by tsr1269
As has been repeated time and time again:

Calling for the destruction of a State =/= Calling for genocide.

Quotes from their Charter:

For our struggle against the Jews is extremely wide-ranging and grave, so much so that it will need all the loyal efforts we can wield, to be followed by further steps and reinforced by successive battalions from the multifarious Arab and Islamic world, until the enemies are defeated and Allah's victory prevails.

Jews not Israel.

nevertheless, the Hamas has been looking forward to implement Allah's promise whatever time it might take. The prophet, prayer and peace be upon him, said:
The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! This will not apply to the Gharqad, which is a Jewish tree

Again, Jews not Israel.
Original post by UniOfLife
Quotes from their Charter:

Okay.

Jews not Israel.

Defeat =/= Kill

Again, Jews not Israel.

It's a prophecy, nothing more.

If HAMAS really wanted to kill "Jews" as opposed to their current intention which is the destruction of Israel, why don't they or their supporters carry out attacks on Jews all around the world?

Let me guess. They only want to kill "Israeli Jews"...:rolleyes:

Seriously, you deserve a free facepalm :facepalm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tsr1269
Okay.

Defeat =/= Kill

It's a prophecy, nothing more.

If HAMAS really wanted to kill "Jews" as opposed to their current intention which is the destruction of Israel, why don't they or their supporters carry out attacks on Jews all around the world?

Let me guess. They only want to kill "Israeli Jews"...:rolleyes:

Seriously, you deserve a free facepalm :facepalm:

Your logic is flawed. If we followed it then we would have to conclude that they do not want to kill Israelis because they don't carry out attacks against Israelis abroad.

As for your dismissal of the statements of their charter - "there are none so blind as those who will not see".

Besides, even if they intend only to murder ever Jew in Israel that is definitionally genocide. Want to try a different source:

Our belief about fighting you [Jews] is that we will exterminate you, until the last one, and we will not leave of you, even one.
Your logic is flawed. If we followed it then we would have to conclude that they do not want to kill Israelis because they don't carry out attacks against Israelis abroad.

I believe they would be happy living with Israeli's (Well, you couldn't call them Israeli's because there would be no Israel but you get the idea).

This just further proves that the fight of HAMAS is not against the Jews or the Israeli people, but against the Settler State.

Great progress, you are starting to see the error of your arguments.

As for your dismissal of the statements of their charter - "there are none so blind as those who will not see".

Besides, even if they intend only to murder ever Jew in Israel that is definitionally genocide. Want to try a different source:

So no Charter for this point then? My my, you do love flip flopping around...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tsr1269

I do think that you are suffering from a rather severe case of . I urge you to consult your psychiatrist as soon as possible, lest this condition worsens.

I take it from this you are desperate to avoid actually addressing the topic of the thread, which is Hamas firing from civilian areas.

Are you going to actually address that? Or will you simply continue avoiding it?
Original post by MostUncivilised
I take it from this you are desperate to avoid actually addressing the topic of the thread, which is Hamas firing from civilian areas.

Are you going to actually address that? Or will you simply continue avoiding it?

A response has already been administered but I find it cute that you "came to the aid", however erroneous it was, of Uniforlife.
Original post by tsr1269
A response has already been administered but I find it cute that you "came to the aid", however erroneous it was, of Uniforlife.

Oh dear, you've avoided it again. You just had a chance to defend it, and you tried to deflect

What do you have to say about Hamas firing rockets from civilian areas? Or will you avoid it again?

Go on, avoid it again .It will just confirm for me that you don't have the guts to address it
Original post by MostUncivilised
Oh dear, you've avoided it again. You just had a chance to defend it, and you tried to deflect

What do you have to say about Hamas firing rockets from civilian areas? Or will you avoid it again?

Go on, avoid it again .It will just confirm for me that you don't have the guts to address it

As I have already stated quite clearly, a response was already given.

In fact, my views are littered throughout this thread. One would have to be literally blind to miss it...
Original post by tsr1269
I believe they would be happy living with Israeli's (Well, you couldn't call them Israeli's because there would be no Israel but you get the idea).

This just further proves that the fight of HAMAS is not against the Jews or the Israeli people, but against the Settler State.

Great progress, you are starting to see the error of your arguments.

So no Charter for this point then? My my, you do love flip flopping around...

I think you failed to grasp the logic but never mind you also failed to address the statement on Hamas TV.

We've reached the end of this particular discussion. As always, others will decide for themselves based on the evidence. To summarise three pieces of clear evidence that Hamas want to murder all Jews:

1) Their charter declares that their struggle is against Jews and will continue until the enemy is defeated
2) Their charter states that Hamas want to implement the prophecy that all Jews will be killed
3) A statement on Hamas TV stating that their belief is to exterminate all Jews

Your counter arguments I will leave you to summarise if you wish. Personally, I think any sane person would see the evidence and conclude that Hamas have a real problem with Jews and would be happy to murder them all if they can.
I think you failed to grasp the logic but never mind you also failed to address the statement on Hamas TV.

We've reached the end of this particular discussion. As always, others will decide for themselves based on the evidence. To summarise three pieces of clear evidence that Hamas want to murder all Jews:

1) Their charter declares that their struggle is against Jews and will continue until the enemy is defeated
2) Their charter states that Hamas want to implement the prophecy that all Jews will be killed
3) A statement on Hamas TV stating that their belief is to exterminate all Jews

Your counter arguments I will leave you to summarise if you wish. Personally, I think any sane person would see the evidence and conclude that Hamas have a real problem with Jews and would be happy to murder them all if they can.

*sigh* You seem intent on making statements or conclusions which you cannot justify so you are intent on running away (no change there, by the way) so I'll let you be on your merry way as you undertake your quest to immerse yourself in a bubble of reality denial...
Original post by tsr1269
*sigh* You seem intent on making statements or conclusions which you cannot justify so you are intent on running away (no change there, by the way) so I'll let you be on your merry way as you undertake your quest to immerse yourself in a bubble of reality denial...

I fully justified my statements but have no interest in endless debates. I have laid out the evidence, I don't believe your attempts to dismiss the evidence have merit and I don't think others will believe so either. Indeed, you haven't even bothered trying to tackle the statement on Hamas TV which is so explicit that there seems to be no wiggle room though doubtless you could find some.

The appropriate phrasing at this point is simply "I rest my case".
I fully justified my statements but have no interest in endless debates. I have laid out the evidence, I don't believe your attempts to dismiss the evidence have merit and I don't think others will believe so either. Indeed, you haven't even bothered trying to tackle the statement on Hamas TV which is so explicit that there seems to be no wiggle room though doubtless you could find some.

The appropriate phrasing at this point is simply "I rest my case".

I just find it quite bizarre that you would start off your quest by referring to the Charter but then dismiss it when your erroneous conclusions have been rebutted and try so desperately to cling onto something said by someone on TV which may or may not have been incorrectly translated (I believe I have made my views on MEMRI and their propensity to engage in bias as well as fanning the flames of hate by incorrectly translating videos).

In essence, I wouldn't touch the video with a bargepole or trust them as far as I could throw them.

Furthermore, the spoken words carry absolutely no weight or authority until they have been "rubber stamped" (like the Charter is), a position which I have made abundantly clear to you in previous discussions.

I hope this is a satisfactory explanation to your complaint that I refused to address the video.

It's been a pleasure but I have no doubt that we would clash over another foolish remark you will have made, probably in a day or two...
Original post by tsr1269
I just find it quite bizarre that you would start off your quest by referring to the Charter but then dismiss it when your erroneous conclusions have been rebutted and try so desperately to cling onto something said by someone on TV which may or may not have been incorrectly translated (I believe I have made my views on MEMRI and their propensity to engage in bias as well as fanning the flames of hate by incorrectly translating videos).

In essence, I wouldn't touch the video with a bargepole or trust them as far as I could throw them.

Furthermore, the spoken words carry absolutely no weight or authority until they have been "rubber stamped" (like the Charter is), a position which I have made abundantly clear to you in previous discussions.

I hope this is a satisfactory explanation to your complaint that I refused to address the video.

It's been a pleasure but I have no doubt that we would clash over another foolish remark you will have made, probably in a day or two...

You must be great on a debating team. If your opponent tries to bring two pieces of evidence you just go "haha you dismissing your first piece of evidence herp derp".

I have no problem with you dismissing evidence out of hand, as I have said, I don't expect you to change your mind. I post to provide evidence for others with open minds to evaluate the available evidence and to counter falsehoods or false logic you post.
You must be great on a debating team. If your opponent tries to bring two pieces of evidence you just go "haha you dismissing your first piece of evidence herp derp".

Ad homs but I'll let it slide...

You led with your strongest piece of evidence, as you do, and for your piece de resistance, you submitted as "evidence" something akin to heresay and therefore, there was no need to address it.

I have no problem with you dismissing evidence out of hand, as I have said, I don't expect you to change your mind. I post to provide evidence for others with open minds to evaluate the available evidence and to counter falsehoods or false logic you post.

Oh, I have no doubt they will see your posts and will gather for themselves (without having to view my posts) and will determine your erroneous conclusions to be hilarious and above all, without merit.

Following this, it may be entirely plausible to conclude that they will most likely also come to query your sanity given the fact that there is almost no tangible link between the "evidence" that you post and the conclusions you draw from said evidence.

Unlike you, my goal is not to disseminate mistruths and falsehood upon impressionable young people on this site but rather, I dispute your erroneous conclusions, not "play the man".

I'll see you around...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending