The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Applicants for 2015 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Just got my Physics with Astrophysics offer - AAA. Exactly 3 weeks after I applied :smile: anyone else going to the offer day on December 3rd?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Got an offer on Wednesday for Psychology (AAA/A*AB), 5 weeks after I applied. Very happy :smile:
Still haven't heard anything for computer science :s-smilie: applied 24th October but everyone seems to have heard for CS and gone to visit days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauraccc
How long did they take to get back to you? I'm applying for English, and I haven't heard back yet (it's only been four days, but I'm impatient) :frown:

They actually took ages. I've had 4 offers (applied to lower unis) and Bristol were by far the last, took I think 2 and a half weeks. Apparently their departments are a tiny bit unorganised :colondollar::colondollar: So don't worry!:wink:
Reply 384
Got a quick question about the coach from Temple Meads station

Do I have to sign up for that, or do I just take it on the day?
Any History offers? Applied on the 15.10 and really want Bristol :s-smilie:
Original post by kotosif
Got a quick question about the coach from Temple Meads station

Do I have to sign up for that, or do I just take it on the day?

When I registered for applicant day it said 'will you require a coach to pick you up from Temple Meads?'. So you might have to although you'd probably be able to get on anyway, not sure though, when I went I travelled by car.
Original post by urz13
Just got my Physics with Astrophysics offer - AAA. Exactly 3 weeks after I applied :smile: anyone else going to the offer day on December 3rd?

I've applied for maths and physics, with the intention of eventually doing more/swapping to physics, but because my application is processed through the maths department I've only been invited to maths days. I really would prefer to go to the physics visits :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 388
Original post by rachelc142
I've applied for maths and physics, with the intention of eventually doing more/swapping to physics, but because my application is processed through the maths department I've only been invited to maths days. I really would prefer to go to the physics visits :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's unlucky - I think if you phone them up or email them though they'd be happy to invite you to both the maths and physics days :smile:
Original post by urz13
That's unlucky - I think if you phone them up or email them though they'd be happy to invite you to both the maths and physics days :smile:

Yeah maybe, thankyou :smile: just didn't want to sound cheeky :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by urz13

Excellent. I've applied for straight Physics, but my application only got sent on Tuesday despite me sending it a week or so before the 15th. :frown:

Did you hear through Track or directly from Bristol first regarding your offer?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 391
Original post by vimto39
Excellent. I've applied for straight Physics, but my application only got sent on Tuesday despite me sending it a week or so before the 15th. :frown:

Did you hear through Track or directly from Bristol first regarding your offer?

I heard through Track first, as I got a 'something has changed' email from UCAS which basically means you've recieved an offer or rejection. However Bristol sent me an email about an hour after I got the one from Track, so there's not really much delay :P
Hey guys!
I received my offer for Physics and Philosophy on Tuesday, 4 days after I applied (wohoo!)
Anybody else with an offer for this course or going to the offer holders visiting day on the 25th of February?
Original post by Isabella421
They actually took ages. I've had 4 offers (applied to lower unis) and Bristol were by far the last, took I think 2 and a half weeks. Apparently their departments are a tiny bit unorganised :colondollar::colondollar: So don't worry!:wink:

The wait is killing me, but it's better than having immediately received a rejection after applying, I suppose :frown:
Reply 394
Anyone got Geography offers yet?
Reply 395
Original post by urz13

Ahhh im so jealous of you i sent my application in for that today, what are u predicted/what AS grades?
Reply 396
Original post by Sirk
Ahhh im so jealous of you i sent my application in for that today, what are u predicted/what AS grades?

Predicted AAA (but I'm aiming for A*AA and I think I can get it based on the year so far) and I got AAB at AS :smile:
Reply 397
Original post by urz13
Predicted AAA (but I'm aiming for A*AA and I think I can get it based on the year so far) and I got AAB at AS :smile:

Nice man, hopefully ill get a place aswell, i got AABB and predicted A*AA so i really hope i get it as well :P
Reply 398
Hello,

I have applied for Archaeology and Anthropology at Bristol on 29th October...

How long till reply?
Original post by rdhap
Hello,

I have applied for Archaeology and Anthropology at Bristol on 29th October...

How long till reply?

Varies on the course, have you checked Uni connect? It will tell you who has applied to your course, if they've got an offer and when they got it. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect

I applied for CompSci before the 12th Oct and I'm still waiting for a response (other than an applicant day that I visited about a day ago). So horrible waiting :P Yet I still check track regularly despite the fact they send emails when one has changed..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending