The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London applicants for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hannah1873
I study IR at Kings and they didn't give me my offer until March 31st. Prepare for the long wait IR people!!

This is the last thing I wanted to hear.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by SCHMERRYFERRY
I got an unconditional from Kings for Global Health and Social Medicine last night! Over the moon!!

congratulations!! i have a conditional offer for this course!! i am looking forward to it!!
Original post by sophiamed
congratulations!! i have a conditional offer for this course!! i am looking forward to it!!

I have a conditional offer for global health too! Is yours AAB?
Reply 1003
Original post by RTJ1996
I applied for ID before the Oxbridge deadline but still haven't heard. Are you an international applicant? I've seen 1 or 2 ID offers but i suspect King's might be like St Andrews and give international offers first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yah im from the U.S.! im sure you'll hear soon enough.
Reply 1004
Original post by saysay
Who has an offer for International Development? I haven't met anyone else who applied. I have an unconditional.

I just applied, decided last week that I didn't want to finish my Law degree and have decided to have a go through UCAS again, I will post when I get a response
Original post by skelly123
I have a conditional offer for global health too! Is yours AAB?

yes it is!! :smile:
Original post by Jay Smith
Anything for IR?

I got my offer in November a week after my 6 weeks. I'm not sure if I'm international or not because I have a british passport but live in Europe, if I am I guess they give offers to internationals first?
Original post by reebex
Hi there,

I applied for Bsc Business Management on the 1st of December and I got an answer on Monday evening.

I applied with Scottish qualifications and I'm feeling very confused with their feedback. King's is asking for 5As at Higher level and AA at Advanced Higher level. I got 7As last year in my Highers and I am predicted AAA in my Advanced Highers (Maths, Spanish, French).

However, they rejected me and said that 'I do not meet the academic entry requirements or I am not predicted to meet them.' I checked with my UCAS Advisor and we went over the application again and she said that the situation is very strange and unusual.

I've phoned the Admissions Office up quite a few times, but no one is answering the phone; I also messaged them yesterday.

Anyone knows why this might be the case or did this happen to anyone else?

Cheers

Just wanted to give an update about this - I decided to submit an Admission Appeal; 2 weeks later I was messaged by KCL and told it was a mistake from someone on their team; they apologized, and made me an offer. Just got the official letter through post yesterday.

So, if you do get a rejection from KCL and the reasons behind it seem quite unrealistic, you can always give it a second shot.
Anyone hear back for Politics Philosophy and Law? applied late october
Hey, I got an offer for English Lang and Linguistics a while ago but the Humanities open days have just become available for booking and my subject isn't explicitly listed.

Wondering if anyone on this course has already signed up for it and is it under just 'English'?

Edit: just realised it's under social sciences and I'm a bit of a dope! Anyway, it would still be nice to know if anyone else is planning on going!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SarahLund
Hey, I got an offer for English Lang and Linguistics a while ago but the Humanities open days have just become available for booking and my subject isn't explicitly listed.

Wondering if anyone on this course has already signed up for it and is it under just 'English'?

Edit: just realised it's under social sciences and I'm a bit of a dope! Anyway, it would still be nice to know if anyone else is planning on going!

Hii, I also have an offer for English Lang and Linguistics! Do you know if the open day is available for booking yet? I'm planning on going too :smile:

Edit: Ok I just searched the website and it's on the 25th February, just booked my place :smile: hope to see some people there!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HollyIndiaa
Hii, I also have an offer for English Lang and Linguistics! Do you know if the open day is available for booking yet? I'm planning on going too :smile:

Edit: Ok I just searched the website and it's on the 25th February, just booked my place :smile: hope to see some people there!

Hey! I've booked my place too :smile: looking forward to it! Me too because I didn't add a guest to come with so I don't really want to be alone
Original post by SarahLund
Hey! I've booked my place too :smile: looking forward to it! Me too because I didn't add a guest to come with so I don't really want to be alone

No neither did I! I'm sure lots of people will be in the same position :smile:
Original post by Bostom
I applied on January 5th for PPE. King's contacted me on their portal asking for predicted grades and a statement including the qualifications I hold and/or I am studying towards. After providing them with what they asked I haven't heard anything yet, is it good or bad sign?

By the way in the meanwhile I got rejected by LSE; they argued my PS did not reflect interested in the course I was applying for, ok.

Same thing happened to me (for Psychology, though)! They asked me to write about my Maths qualifications mid-December and nothing until now. I don't quite know what to make of it, but I guess no news is still good news :rolleyes:

Update: I emailed them and they replied, asking for an additional transcript in order to reach a decision. Maybe you can email them as well?
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm an international student and I applied for Psychology early last month. I still haven't heard anything not even an email saying that they received my application (I even emailed them asking and I got no reply). Is this normal? Has anyone received a Psychology offer yet?
Original post by glorgirl11
I'm an international student and I applied for Psychology early last month. I still haven't heard anything not even an email saying that they received my application (I even emailed them asking and I got no reply). Is this normal? Has anyone received a Psychology offer yet?

I haven't (yet) but I know a few people who have received their offers. Have you checked your Spam folder? They sent me an acknowledgement email about 2 days after sending my application at the end of October, with some details about their online portal. Anyway, if you sent them an email, I'm pretty sure they will reply soon.
Is King's your first choice, by the way? :smile:
Original post by sabinaraus
I haven't (yet) but I know a few people who have received their offers. Have you checked your Spam folder? They sent me an acknowledgement email about 2 days after sending my application at the end of October, with some details about their online portal. Anyway, if you sent them an email, I'm pretty sure they will reply soon.
Is King's your first choice, by the way? :smile:

Yes I checked my spam folder and everything. And when I emailed them it was a week after I sent in my application. Should I email again or call? It is my first choice so I'm really worried haha ^_^
Original post by glorgirl11
Yes I checked my spam folder and everything. And when I emailed them it was a week after I sent in my application. Should I email again or call? It is my first choice so I'm really worried haha ^_^

If it's your first choice, then I would definitely give them a call and enquire whether they received your application. Do mention that you also haven't received your login details to their "King's apply" portal, as they prefer sending messages through it, rather than by email.
Better to call and be safe than risk your first choice, right? :wink:
Reply 1018
Hello everyone. Any postgraduate applicants here? What have you applied for and have you heard back from King's?
Has anybody got anything back for Religion, Politics and Society? I applied in October and have heard nothing back. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest