The Student Room Group

Leaving my cats to go to uni

Hi people,

I know this is going to sound lame but I don't care...

I'm moving out for university in September and obviously can't take my cats with me. I'm worried that I'm going to get really sad without them or even that they'll get depressed because I've suddenly just disappeared. My mum and dad will be looking after them in the house we've always lived in so it's not really a huge transition for them. I'm not sure if I'm more worried about them or me haha.

Anyone else leaving pets behind and feel the same way I do?
Reply 1
You're right, it does sound lame :colone:

Just kidding. What rules are there surrounding pets in your uni/campus?
I know the same feeling leaving my cat behind at home, its gonna be weird without him not licking my face in the morning to wake me up or violently destroying my bed sheets with his very sharp claws (he runs whenever I try to cut-so I give up).
Just try to visit them or Skype them like my mates do.
You will find more pussy at uni I am sure :wink:
The animals won't give a **** as long as they get fed, and I do think it's a bit weird that your worry is missing your cats and not your parents or your friends. Like all things you worry you'll miss, you'll have to get used to it.
Reply 5
Original post by tengentoppa
The animals won't give a **** as long as they get fed, and I do think it's a bit weird that your worry is missing your cats and not your parents or your friends. Like all things you worry you'll miss, you'll have to get used to it.

Why should I worry about them, they have their own lives and I can talk to them whenever I like.
Reply 6
Original post by BenAssirati
You're right, it does sound lame :colone:

Just kidding. What rules are there surrounding pets in your uni/campus?

Haha I don't mind :tongue:

I'm staying in halls so no pets allowed and I'll be 2 hours away from home. At least I know they're with my parents and will be looked after, they will probably be my mum's surrogate child while I'm gone.
Original post by xLittleMissyx

Unless OP is gay i doubt she'd be interested in the pussy she finds at uni:lol:
I always feel like this leaving my dog, but I honestly don't think she cares :redface:
Apparently she goes in my room and looks for me if my parents say my name, but she's fine really, I wouldn't worry about it! :tongue:
Yeah I'm gonna miss my 2 cats and dog like crazy :sad:

Original post by xLittleMissyx

Lol
Reply 10
Original post by maryamzahid
I know the same feeling leaving my cat behind at home, its gonna be weird without him not licking my face in the morning to wake me up or violently destroying my bed sheets with his very sharp claws (he runs whenever I try to cut-so I give up).
Just try to visit them or Skype them like my mates do.

Glad I'm not the only one :smile: I haven't slept alone in years so that will be strange. Yeah I will visit as often as I can, I've probably got more chance teaching the cats how to use Skype than my parents haha
Aw :frown: I'm sure they'll be fine, your parents will look after them :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by bumblebee342
I always feel like this leaving my dog, but I honestly don't think she cares :redface:
Apparently she goes in my room and looks for me if my parents say my name, but she's fine really, I wouldn't worry about it! :tongue:

Aww that is so cute. Thanks :smile:

Original post by moonriver96
Unless OP is gay i doubt she'd be interested in the pussy she finds at uni:lol:

Yeahhh not so much haha
Original post by bumblybee
Why should I worry about them, they have their own lives and I can talk to them whenever I like.

Why should you worry about your cats? They're being fed and sheltered. What more could you ask for?
Wait, you people skype your cats? :eek:

WTF.
Glad I'm not the only one :smile: I haven't slept alone in years so that will be strange. Yeah I will visit as often as I can, I've probably got more chance teaching the cats how to use Skype than my parents haha

good luck with it, cats are family too and it breaks my heart to leave 'em like that.
Reply 16
Original post by tengentoppa
Why should you worry about your cats? They're being fed and sheltered. What more could you ask for?

You clearly don't have any pets. I can worry about whatever I want to worry about. Your input into this conversation is pointless, please find something better to do with your time.
You clearly don't have any pets. I can worry about whatever I want to worry about. Your input into this conversation is pointless, please find something better to do with your time.

I was trying to help you get over your irrational worry about missing your pets. No need to be a bitch about it.
I do know of people who Skype their dogs - and to be honest I do miss my cat, because while I can talk to my parents on the phone I can't talk to her on the phone!
I will probably do the same to teddy when I go to uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest