The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well if youre sure its a police chopper it could be anything realy, the probably are looking for or chasing someone.
the police helicopters always above my house, they're just looking for someone and its easier than using cars.
Police training, Search and Rescue, Looking for run away criminals etc
Reply 4
Helicopter-tastic smashie !!
Reply 5
Is it just me, or does anyone else like to run like the wind when they see a police helicopter?
Reply 6
Fleece
Is it just me, or does anyone else like to run like the wind when they see a police helicopter?
It's just you, others run like normal humans, you must be a supa-villain.
Reply 7
That I am.
Reply 8
Dunno, but when they fly over round here, it's usually the coast guard. Or the copper chopper chasing some bad ass down the Motorway in a sports car. People at sea always getting their boats hit by the big P&O liners.. Fools.

Also they fly them fecking shanuks (sp?) at night, them really loud things. No idea why.

Looking for escaped prisoners? Could be, if there's a prison near you?
Reply 9
Fleece
That I am.

Or a Chris Cross fan (remember the song, "Run like the wind" ?)
Reply 10
Haha nope I don't unfortunately.
Reply 11
Fleece
Haha nope I don't unfortunately.
Indeed, it's great music, anyway what r u doing up ?
Je me couche !
Reply 12
NJA
Or a Chris Cross fan (remember the song, "Run like the wind" ?)

Never heard of that song :dong:

Are they the fools that did 'Criss Cross will make you jump jump...'?

Worse then Hanson them little fake g's
Reply 13
NJA
Indeed, it's great music, anyway what r u doing up ?
Je me couche !

Maintenant? Boo. Je ne peux pas dormir.
It's an omen.
Reply 15
Could have a helicopter flying school near you....
Civvy Helicopter pilots just out flying (but there are restrictions on how low these guys can fly etc)....
Out on exercise...
Military ops/exercise....
Scenic flight?
Helicopters ARE a form of transport more than looking for criminals. Many wealthy people prefer them to private jets cos they can go shorter distances and fly lower and land anywhere flat, and you can do some funny things in the wind created by the choppers, like leaning forward really far so that it looks like you're walking up a steep hill rather than on a flat surface.

And stuff.
TheThirdMan
and land anywhere flat

Even on a pool of lava?
Reply 19
Sn_bone
when they fly around your area (sometimes at night), what does it actually mean?

are they looking for an escaped prisoner or something, or is there something else wrong?

It could mean a million and one things. Are you sure it's even a police helicopter...How can you tell at night?

Latest

Trending

Trending