The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Oh they have Xmas temp jobs out already?
Reply 2
yeh!!!!! I checked their website, so any chance of a 17 year old student like me getting a role?
Reply 3
I can't find it anywhere online, have they got a link to an application form?
I don't see why they wouldnt employ you, everyone starts somewhere.
Reply 4
http://www.whsmithcareers.co.uk/careers/seasonal06.htm
Doesn't seem to have any central london stores listed.
Reply 5
Ill try Brent Cross, or pop into my local store, maybe it isnt advertised but hopefully they are still employing.
Reply 6
Everyone has a chance
Reply 7
roonaldisterooy
yeh!!!!! I checked their website, so any chance of a 17 year old student like me getting a role?

I would say you have more chance of a Christmas temp role than a normal role, simply because if you're rubbish it is easier to get rid of you. :smile: Go for it! They sound like a nice company to work for.
Reply 8
Nearest store to me is 60 miles away :frown:

I need a job...
Reply 9
i got a christmas temping job in the croydon branch with no experience what so ever! 17year olds are cheaper for them than under 18s so you have a good chance. the pay when i was there was £4.20 (a london branch so higher than elsewhere) but that was almost 2years ago now so it will have gone up. good luck!
Reply 10
chears, did you continue with the job after christmas or were u sacked? (not saying you were bad or anything):smile:
Reply 11
i was sacked! everyone was, plus a couple of the permanent people they had employed just before the christmas period - it was the really bad year for whsmiths (was in lots of papers!), we didn't reach any of our targets because they were ridiculously high! they always pressured me to work more too when i was there - i was contracted for 7hours but they guilt tripped me into working 21 almost every week (on top of AS levels). did enjoy it though and was good at it (a lot better than many of the people who were permanent cos i'd worked so many hours!) so it was a bit annoying.

Latest

Trending

Trending