The Student Room Group

Credit check

I've just had a credit check done for my new job and its showing that I've used several different date of births in the past. the only explanation i can think of is that when i was under 18 i may have put my age as 18 to order catalogues. but everyone does that right? will they still give me the job? these are really detailed checks as they're taking over a month to do. any advice?
it could affect your job results providing you have no history of bad debt, have not got any CCJ's and are not in severe finacncial trouble (as in unpaid debts or blacklisting)
The reason it could affect the job outcome is that you have commited fraud. (you lied about your age) in order to get a catalouge, this amounts to attempting to gain goods through deception. If they are are a proper bank(ing enviroment) chances are they will let you go as thier arguement will be you lied to do that what else will you do when you gain access to peoples accounts. Im not saying you would buts its from thier perspective. But then they may be sympathetic but i doubt it
damn, i'm really worried now.
Reply 3
you wanna do a check yourself cos someone might of nicked ya id. it happened to me.

i would seriously advise to go the expreian and request a credit check to see whats been going on. Ordering catalouges dont normally use your credit records.
yep good idea :smile: i'll rep you later for that.
Reply 5
I was gonna say, how did ordering catalogues get on your credit record???
I don't know if anyone can explain it to me i'd be really greatful! (and i'll rep you :p:) i'm like the most trustworthy person ever and i'll be so p*'d off if my checks fail because of this.
Reply 7
Ordering catalougues usually does require a credit check. It's in the small print. Basically, by ordering they open a credit account for you, which needs a credit check.

Click here and scroll to the bottom. See!
has anyone got any advice on what i should do? i can either be honest and admit that i ordered catalogues or i can say i know nothing about it...
thanks juno :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending