The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Optional and Discovery Modules

I want to take up a BA in Digital Media at the University of Leeds.

I'm aiming for a career in marketing, could anyone provide some insight into how optional and discovery modules work?

How many can I take etc.
Reply 1
Original post by Iamjoshh
I want to take up a BA in Digital Media at the University of Leeds.

I'm aiming for a career in marketing, could anyone provide some insight into how optional and discovery modules work?

How many can I take etc.

hello! i am a current student at leeds (for business mgt w/ marketing). basically optional modules are modules you can select within your course curriculum. i saw on the course catalogue you have 100 credits core, the only optional available are 20 credits. therefore, you can only take one 20 credit module, as the max you are allowed to take are 120 credits per academic year. the amount of optional you take can vary year on year so worth checking what the compulsory credit load is for year 2 and 3 to figure out the future.

discovery modules are modules within the media school or beyond. i.e., if you wanted to take a business related module you could!

i am not sure whether the course structure for your first year provides you the opportunity to take discovery modules, so may be best to email someone to double check. i know sometimes certain courses require you to take an optional module in first year!

hope this helps!

ps if you want a career within marketing I would suggest running for committees within student societies to gain hands-on experience!
(edited 4 months ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest