The Student Room Group

2014 AS/A2 Results Day (Thursday 14th August) Official Thread - Mk. III

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer from Imperial a week after being rejected on UCAS. :woohoo::yay::zomg:
Original post by <*(((><
Just got an offer from Imperial a week after being rejected on UCAS. :woohoo::yay::zomg:

Aww that's awesome! Where did you originally get rejected from? :smile:
Congratulations! What a long wait, I couldn't have imagined your stress :biggrin: Imperial is awesome :wink:
Original post by can'tbeleftblank
Still haven't heard :biggrin: FML

Same here :frown: We should hear by 8pm today though going from the website - https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/applicants/offerholders/lowergrades/
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Aww that's awesome! Where did you originally get rejected from? :smile:
Congratulations! What a long wait, I couldn't have imagined your stress :biggrin: Imperial is awesome :wink:

It was Imperial in the first place, they said they made a mistake. :smile:
Original post by shanice17
Same here :frown: We should hear by 8pm today though going from the website - https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/applicants/offerholders/lowergrades/

Yeah...:frown: it's awful. How much did you miss and what course was it?
Reply 3965
Original post by dlaiden
I missed my offer and Cambridge still accepted me!!! WOOO!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

What was the offer? A*AA I'm assuming. How many grades did you miss it by? Can't be more than 1?
Original post by SH0405
What was the offer? A*AA I'm assuming. How many grades did you miss it by? Can't be more than 1?

Yup, A*AA with the A* in either Lit or Philosophy. I got A*A* in Lit and Psychology and B in Philosophy.
Original post by lucindaellaaa
Hi, I did EXACTLY the same AS levels as you, but I dropped maths and did Sociology instead.

I also have depression, I also have anxiety. So I understand it makes a levels 10x harder.

If I were you, I'd redo a year, I did, I'm 19 and now going to my first choice university, with decent grades after completely failing my A2 year. I only say this because obviously there is no Jan exams, so you'll have up to 16 exams, which would be far too much stress. But it is ofc up to you! :smile:

You can message me if you want, cause I know it's hard, but I know I got through it, and you can too. Tell your school you're going to stay doing a levels, but you want to have an extra bit of support, and they should let you do it.

Thank you.
Original post by dlaiden
Yup, A*AA with the A* in either Lit or Philosophy. I got A*A* in Lit and Psychology and B in Philosophy.

My course at Birmingham was A*AA and I got A*A*B and got in, so there is hope! Good luck, I hope it works out for you :smile:
Well as expected, rejected from Durham after 6 days waiting to hear from them. Thankfully I have my insurance to fall back on, what an awful way to treat applicants.
Hello everyone, :smile:
Thank you all for bearing with me and supporting me through this...but I just want to say

I GOT INTO DURHAM!!!!! :O :biggrin: :O :biggrin: (I have a limited amount of smilies you can see on my iPhone!!!!!!!!!, but you get the gist)

I can't even, I can't even...I'm so happy right now I'm crying.

...they even apologised to me just now
Original post by lizz-ie
My course at Birmingham was A*AA and I got A*A*B and got in, so there is hope! Good luck, I hope it works out for you :smile:

Oh no, I was just replying to another user; I was fortunate enough to get in already despite dropping the one grade. Thanks for the sentiment though! :biggrin:
Well as expected, rejected from Durham after 6 days waiting to hear from them. Thankfully I have my insurance to fall back on, what an awful way to treat applicants.

I'm sorry - it is :frown:. You should complain, it completely screws up everything else. But I hope you'll be ok now?

So sorry it wasn't the news you wanted - dreadful that they kept you hanging so long.

Good luck at Uni - it will all come good in the end :smile:

Thank you all for bearing with me and supporting me through this...but I just want to say

I GOT INTO DURHAM!!!!! :O :biggrin: :O :biggrin: (I have a limited amount of smilies you can see on my iPhone!!!!!!!!!, but you get the gist)

So pleased for you and I admire your patience - don't think I could have done it!

Well done - now you can start enjoying your success! :smile:
Original post by dlaiden

Congrats and good luck for the future!

HUGE CONGRATS!! Well deserved. Wishing you every success!
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm so sorry :frown: it's awful that they're allowed to treat you like that! I have a few friends in the year above who got into their insurance choices and were heartbroken at the time, but they absolutely loved their first year and are so glad that they ended up where they are!!

Well done, I'm so happy for you :biggrin: Congratulations!!

Original post by dlaiden
Oh no, I was just replying to another user; I was fortunate enough to get in already despite dropping the one grade. Thanks for the sentiment though! :biggrin:

Awkward... let's just pretend that didn't happen, okay? :colondollar:
What course are you doing at what uni? :smile:
Original post by lizz-ie
Awkward... let's just pretend that didn't happen, okay? :colondollar:
What course are you doing at what uni? :smile:

Haha, it's fine! :tongue: Come October I'll be doing English Lit at Cambridge. :biggrin:

Congratulations!!! :banana2::banana2::banana2: I'm so happy for you, I knew your excellent grades would get you in in the end. :biggrin: It was good on them to apologise, it sucks to go through this. :mad:
Original post by dlaiden
Congratulations!!! :banana2::banana2::banana2: I'm so happy for you, I knew your excellent grades would get you in in the end. :biggrin: It was good on them to apologise, it sucks to go through this. :mad:

You too!!! *hugs* thank you!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest