The Student Room Group

Oxford 2014 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi all! Thought now would be a good time to surface.

I'm going to be studying History at Corpus Christi (still feels weird to say that without a 'hopefully')

Congrats everyone! :smile:

Original post by extons
Going to be a second year for Chemistry this October at Corpus, any questions or anything feel free to message :smile:

I may soon take you up on this offer haha, also going to Corpus :smile:

Edit - Thought of a question ha, out of interest do you know when we'll find out about college parents? Just wondering as would be cool be able to ask some course related questions :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AKell17
Amazon may well be the way forward, I got The Skeptical Environmentalist for under 2 quid!

I'm so excited. Currently working my way through one book which is Ploughs, Plagues, and Petroleum: How Humans Took Control Of Climate. Finding it really interesting. How many Geographers will there be at Hertford? Also heard from my college parents the other day!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by amol_chalis447
My Tumblr has none of that!

Can't a guy stereotype in peace these days? :frown:
Original post by JLKeating
I'm so excited. Currently working my way through one book which is Ploughs, Plagues, and Petroleum: How Humans Took Control Of Climate. Finding it really interesting. How many Geographers will there be at Hertford? Also heard from my college parents the other day!

I'm just reading a Very Short Introduction to Sociolinguistics :smile:
The GeogSquad will have 9 people in it altogether :biggrin: not heard from my parents yet!
Original post by souktik
Can't a guy stereotype in peace these days? :frown:

Just pointing out I'm probably the 0.1% of Tumblr that doesn't fit :colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Student96
Hi all! Thought now would be a good time to surface.

I'm going to be studying History at Corpus Christi (still feels weird to say that without a 'hopefully')

Congrats everyone! :smile:

I may soon take you up on this offer haha, also going to Corpus :smile:

Edit - Thought of a question ha, out of interest do you know when we'll find out about college parents? Just wondering as would be cool be able to ask some course related questions :smile:

Congratulations! Funnily enough we were told who our college children are going to be yesterday so you should hear from them in the next day or so if they're good parents!
Original post by colourtheory
My History reading list contains 23 titles... I don't even...

Try English, 201...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rescuelullaby
Try English, 201...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's 23 for a single unit on the British Isles :biggrin: I think it's fair to say that everyone at Oxford is going to have considerably lengthy reading lists; getting through it all is going to be a challenge and a half :smile:
Original post by souktik
Is there anything on Tumblr other than blogs dedicated to Tom Hiddleston, Cumberbatch, and the cast of Supernatural?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you understand; I have a huge crush on Tom Hiddleston, it was a physical trauma to discover that he went to Cambridge...
I don't think you understand; I have a huge crush on Tom Hiddleston, it was a physical trauma to discover that he went to Cambridge...

I feel this on such a deep emotional level..

Am I supposed to know who that is? :lol:
Original post by Lucilou101
I feel this on such a deep emotional level..

He is literally the perfect gentleman XD
He is literally the perfect gentleman XD

He's so lovely! Normally when you actually speak to celebs they're completely self-obsessed - but he's just a nice guy!
Original post by Solivagant

Well most normal people do :smile:
Original post by Solivagant

Can you not... I.... don't even... Does anyone know if it's too late for me to transfer to Cambridge?
Original post by AKell17
Well most normal people do :smile:

Come on Adam, you know I'm not normal...
Can you not... I.... don't even... Does anyone know if it's too late for me to transfer to Cambridge?

No, you should transfer straight away :colone:
Original post by Lucilou101
He's so lovely! Normally when you actually speak to celebs they're completely self-obsessed - but he's just a nice guy!

Did you read his interview in Elle by any chance? He was so awesome and down to earth, it's like he doesn't even know how smooth and charming he is. So it's basically 5 weeks of Tom Hiddleston before moving to uni :colondollar:
Did you read his interview in Elle by any chance? He was so awesome and down to earth, it's like he doesn't even know how smooth and charming he is. So it's basically 5 weeks of Tom Hiddleston before moving to uni :colondollar:

I haven't read many of his interviews, but I've watched quite a few video ones :tongue:

I just can't get over how nice he is!
Original post by Mr...
Your last two videos are really good. Are you officially an OxVlogger now :curious:

Thankyou! :biggrin:
No and I probably won't be! They're still accepting application videos for the next week and then they'll pick 4 people :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending